Chapter Three

*Emma Nott POV*

I awoke the next day to Theo yelling from his room that was next to mine. I looked at my clock and found we had exactly one hour to get onto the train. Shit, shit, shit. I hurriedly got out of bed and dressed myself in my house robes.

(Her house robes.)

Once I was dressed, I grabbed my suitcase and went to grab Angel's cage only to find the cage door open and her not inside

Once I was dressed, I grabbed my suitcase and went to grab Angel's cage only to find the cage door open and her not inside. Shit, where did she go. Just as I was thinking this, Theodore came into my room with Angel on his arm.

"Angel was sitting in the tree outside your window. Did you let her out last night and forget or something?" he asked a little annoyed.

"Nope. I must not have closed her cage door after I fed her, and she decided to go for a little fly. But I don't understand how she got out. I locked my window before packing yesterday and haven't opened it since." I say confused.

"Well, I had left my window open when I went to sleep and woke up to close it after hearing a noise. She must have been the noise I heard." Theo says, holding his arm by Angel's cage. She flew right in and immediately fell asleep.

"Must have had a long flight if she's this tired," I say with a chuckle. I looked over to my clock to see thirty minutes had passed. "Shit, we gotta go now if we want to make the train on time," I say, grabbing everything. I hurry downstairs to find Theo ready with all his belongings. He grabbed the flew powder and threw it for me as I spoke, seeing as my hands were full of all my belongings.

The green fire filled my eyesight before disappearing and showing me platform nine and three-quarters. I quickly stepped out of the fireplace, knowing Theo would be right behind me. I walked up to the Porter and handed them my luggage. I walked onto the second half of the train and looked for my group of friends. As I passed some compartments, I got dirty looks from my fellow Hufflepuff housemates and members from Gryffindor and Ravenclaw. I sighed, already knowing this year was going to be like the last three years.

"Hello, Emma." I hear a soft, high-pitched voice behind me. I turn with a smile, already knowing who the voice belongs to.

"Luna! It's so good to see you." I squeal excitedly while I embrace her in a hug. She smiles while hugging me back. She was the only Ravenclaw who sided with me and became my friend in my second year, her first. She's known as Loony Luna, but her weirdness is what makes her unique. I wouldn't change a single thing about her.

"How was your summer?" She asked as we walked down the aisle.

"Uneventful until a little over a week ago," I tell her honestly.

"You'll have to tell me all about it later. It seems Pansy is trying to get your attention." Luna points ahead of us. I look to see Pansy waving like a maniac trying to get my attention.