Elderion's Folly

Do you remember our good friend Elderion from The Reining Fear? Brother to Lore and Rabathur and eldritch personification of Tyranny and Order? Well, regardless, would you like to now more? How about we hear some more of his personal exo-world? Created shortly after their father's creation of the Library of World?

Diary Cezen Cycle 3 Gama 7

No one likes the wastes. A barren desert with a total of one hundred trees in several thousand miles. But it's not like we have a choice. This whole exo-world is like this. But regardless, no one dares revolt, act out, or try to escape. Elderion is always watching. Even when he was temporarily absent along with Lore after their failed attempt to kill Rathabur no one tried to escape. We knew he would be back. You can't kill a concept, especially one like tyranny. The day he returned was horrible. His cloak, often already blowing without a breeze, would whip like a tempest as he stormed through his castle. His blue flamed lantern, normally glowing soft and gentle, roared like an inferno with rage. His canine jaws frothed with a pale white liquid that made sea foam seem stable. His already bad temper even worse as he went from outpost to outpost around the wastes. Making sure no one even dared to try rebellion, to disrupt order. Whispers of his ventures went almost as swift as he did. Soon even a shadow that seemed similar to Elderion's bovine antlers was enough to make the toughest scavengers quiver and wet themselves, expecting our tyrant overlord to be there. Our minds playing scenarios where he finds some transgression we didn't even know about and had come to add our screaming essence to his lantern. But after a month he calmed down, as much as he ever calms down. Slowly but surely our minds went back to fending off mutants who came to our outposts after getting sense of our homes. People like me were just lucky we didn't live in the main outpost. Messengers from the main outpost would tell near horror stories of Elderion's actions, clearly still tempered by his quick to anger personality. He would punish people for even standing a bit to tall in his presence. But came a day where I gad found myself at the main outpost, making a delivery of a newly repaired plasma coil when several people suddenly made a weird gesture. Putting their hands over their hearts with the pinky and the thumb down. Rarely finding myself in the main outpost, I thought this was some new decree by Elderion or maybe some superstition. But soon I had felt a odd presence behind me and when I turned I was facing a being weirder then any mutant or even the chimera that was Elderion. It was long like a snake and seemed to hover. It hovered down the alley towards Elderion's castle, then I saw the odd parts. It was nothing but a skeleton, similar to what the tales of long dead leviathan skeletons would look like. Green fire erupted from no visible source and at the head on the sides, two secondary faces formed in the fire. What was worse was the small face facing my side met my eyes and suddenly I heard strange whispers. Telling me things, claiming they were secrets that people hid from me and to surrender to the thing and in return it would tell me everything that was kept from me. I shook my head, trying to dispel the dark machinations of some mind beyond this world. Thankfully the body had moved on and I shivered, Elderion was bad, but facing this thing, it's aura made me feel a greater fear then any other I felt before. A fear that seemed to worm it's way deeper into my mind, like some rotten thing. Then I remembered whispers I heard in my youth of Rathabur's generals. These days were back when people still called him Rubathar, in wake of Rathabur's invasion of exo-world beta-7 we had learned his name properly. The tales told of Rathabur having three generals by his side. One was a female, Teke, from exo-world beta-7 itself who he had saved from death and gifted great power. The was Duriel, from exo-world-7 who had commanded a mighty force of demons before his death in the war for exo-world beta-7. Finally, was Belial, the lord of lies. Said to be even stronger then Teke and was able to drive many to madness with the gibbering from his three mouths. I shiver again, I suddenly feel how lucky I am. I could have died, but that question solved lead to another, why the hell was one of Rathabur's generals in Elderion's personal exo-world? After exo-world beta-7's takeover, Lore and Elderio had opposed Rathabur's marriage to Teke and tried to kill him. Even if such a thing would only be temporary, only to end up dying themselves. I don't imagine Elderion would openly let one of his hated brother's generals into his personal exo-world, let alone the location of his place of residence in that exo-world. I shake my head, whatever the reason, I knew better then to meddle in the affairs of gods.

Diary Attribus Cycle 5 Gama 6

I shouldn't have been so stupid. I should have put the obvious together. Of course Belial was here to cause trouble. But no one could have seen the extent of his plans. Ever since that damned serpent Belial got here Elderion's been making suspicious demands and orders. From odd new rules to punishments of people who had never left their outpost on charges of breeding mutant. It all comes back to Belial, he had been sent by Rathabur to use Elderion. He's keeping his brother under his thumb without him even knowing. Most powerful or not, Elderion is still a threat to Rathabur. He must have sent Belial under the pretense as a gifted adviser as an apology for what happened at the wedding on exo-world beta 7. No doubt Rathabur sent someone to Lore as well. I can only hope Lore is smarter. I can only hope...

So...is the great  Elderion living up to your expectations? A  fool tyrant, a god who fell to the very thing he embodies, tyranny. Becoming a puppet to maintain and order that isn't working for him. Interesting, isn't it Malumbrix? ....Oh right. He's gone to deal with the prophecy. Anyway, I suppose this is the end for this story. I bid you ado until the next tale.