《一》Angel of Suzhou

Information:

Suzhou is the modern name for Gusu.

____

"Woah there! Jiang Cheng! Calm down!" Wei Wuxian exclaimed.

"Don't tell me to calm down! Tell the damn printer to work!" Jiang Wanyin kicked the poor machine and cursed.

While hopping around clutching his right foot and swearing in pain, their angelic elder sister descended from the secretary work quarters.

"A-xian, A-cheng, you've worked so hard today. Why don't you both go outside and take a break?" Jiang Yanli insisted with pure grace.

"Of course, Shijie!" Wei Ying beamed and immediately yeeteed Jiang Cheng out the door.

So far, the Jiang company was doing great. It was a fantastic idea of Wei Ying's to set up another franchise of their hotel in Suzhou. They were prospering and gaining a whole lot of money, as everyone wanted to try their five-star-rated-luxurious-accommodation. (The three siblings were put in charge of this specific hotel.)

"Jiang Cheng, have you ever wanted to work a different job, out of our family business?" Wei Ying asked dreamily.

"Ew. Why would I? I have everything I need in life!" Jiang Cheng hissed back, still raging about the printer that he had tried to fix for weeks.

Why would he say 'ew'?  He thought, then nudged his brother, "Such as?"

"Food, water, shelter, money, Shijie, maybe you." He huffed, rolling his eyes.

"Elaborate on the 'maybe you'." Wei Ying prompted, eager to tease.

"You know what? Walk yourself! No one likes you!" Jiang Cheng shoved Wei Ying aside and stormed down the path back to the hotel office. (He's obsessed with the printer because it costed a fortune.)

"Hahaha! Typical!" Wei Ying laughed as he continued walking, but bumped into someone...

"Oh, I'm so sorry-" He paused when he saw someone frustratingly familiar. A young and attractive businessman dressed in a tuxedo with polished leather shoes, golden eyes more piercing than the sun, impeccable prim and proper smooth hair combed to one side, pale skin, slim... Wei Ying could describe him forever. In short, he was the most handsome person that he had ever seen.

Wei Ying was about to speak again when a strange flurry of flashbacks hit him. Studying with an ancient Chinese lecturer with an ugly goatee, getting thrown off a cliff by a couple of flying idiots, committing suicide, waking up to get whipped by a grape, and then separating with a gorgeous white cultivator.

One last question appeared in his head: What did it all mean?

Then he fell into deep slumber.