Immediately, Aurora backtracked, stumbling over her words in an attempt to clarify. "I'm not saying it would, but, like, if it does, then don't," she rambled, feeling a flush of embarrassment rise in her cheeks.

Katie pulled Aurora into a warm embrace, her gesture conveying both comfort and understanding. "It's okay, I won't get involved," she reassured Aurora softly, her voice tinged with warmth. "But I hope you'll tell me at some point. I think we're becoming good friends, no?"

Aurora nodded in agreement, a small smile tugging at her lips. "Yeah, we are," she conceded, her tone softening. Then, unable to resist a teasing jab, she added, "But you're still not my favourite McCabe."

Before Katie could respond, Ella's voice echoed from the house, breaking the moment. "Hey, you two! Dinner's ready!" she called out, prompting Aurora and Katie to exchange amused glances before making their way back inside.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Aurora's time in Ireland drew to a close, Ella clung to her like a koala, refusing to let go. Aurora couldn't help but laugh at Ella's antics, gently patting her back. "It's not forever, Ella," she reassured her with a smile.

But Ella remained undeterred, her grip tightening. "I don't care," she declared stubbornly. "You can stay, and Katie can go!"

Aurora chuckled at Ella's persistence, shooting a playful glance at Katie, who feigned offense but couldn't hide the twinkle in her eye. "Sorry, Katie," Aurora teased, "looks like you've been replaced."

Katie mock-scowled, but her eyes sparkled with amusement. "I see how it is," she quipped, her tone playful. "Guess I'll just have to find a new best friend."

Aurora grinned, her heart warmed by the affection of her newfound friends. "I'll be back, don't you worry," she promised sincerely.

Lauryn chimed in, pushing Ella aside playfully. "Move over, Ella, I want a hug too!"

Finally relenting, Ella released Aurora, allowing Lauryn to envelop her in a warm embrace. Then, it was Katie's turn. Pulling Aurora into a tight hug, Katie held her close, a mixture of emotions flickering in her eyes.

"Thank you," Aurora whispered, her voice filled with gratitude.

Katie furrowed her brow in confusion. "For what?" she asked softly.

"For helping me forget everything happening, even if it's just for a little while," Aurora explained, her voice tinged with emotion. "And for helping me feel happy again."

Katie's eyes glistened with unshed tears, her heart touched by Aurora's words. Ella couldn't resist teasing her, but Aurora quickly came to Katie's defence. "Leave her be, Ella," she joked, winking at Katie. "She's losing the love of her life right now."

Katie played along, feigning dramatic despair. "Yeah, Ella," she echoed with a grin. "The love of my life is leaving."

As Aurora prepared to depart, Ella couldn't resist one last bit of playful banter. Gasping dramatically, she exclaimed, "Are you cheating on me, Aurora?"

Aurora laughed, her eyes dancing with amusement. "Ella, shush!" she whispered, trying to stifle her giggles. "That's our secret! Katie isn't supposed to know."

Ella grinned mischievously, enjoying the teasing. "Fine, fine," she relented, though her eyes sparkled with mischief.

With a final round of hugs and farewells, Aurora made her way to the departure gate as her flight was called. Turning back one last time, she waved to her friends, her heart filled with gratitude for the unforgettable moments they had shared together. Then, with a smile on her face and anticipation in her heart, she boarded the plane ready to head back home once more.