Chapter six: 𝑫𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝑵𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝑨𝒏𝒅...𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑬𝒍𝒔𝒆?

Charlotte's pov.

Mia's been acting weird around me...and not her usual flirty self? She's been spaced out during our conversations, and half the time I don't even think she listens to what I'm saying.

I can't say much, given that Daniel and I are currently separated. We had an agreement: I stay in the house with the kids since I bought it, while he can go back to his parents' or crash at a friend's place.

However, that didn't stop the flood of texts I received from the woman he brought to my house a few nights back.

"I've heard you and Daniel split up, what a pity it must be for you."

"Daniel always told me you would try something like this."

"I've got him wrapped around my finger, won't be long till I have your children wrapped around my finger as well."

"You could never satisfy or meet his needs like I did. Such a shame you threw away a perfectly good man like him."

Her delusional texts were unreal, to say the least. It took me some time to put two and two together, but I eventually blocked her messages and moved on with my day.

The last thing I need is my soon-to-be ex-husband's mistress texting me like a madwoman out for her husband. And even now, Mia's spacing out again. I don't know what's gotten into her, and I don't want to find out.

I almost forgot about tonight's "date" until I received a text from Mia a few hours later: "Remember to be ready by 4:00 pm. I'll pick you up, Sweetheart 💋💋." It had slipped my mind amid the chaos of raining hell upon my cheating soon-to-be ex-husband.

Sighing I locked my phone and put it back into my pocket. I was in ratio with the little one's and that did put my mind at easy for a while about all this chaos and drama in my life.

I also kept Carly updated on everything, including my separation with Daniel..God even saying that name now just twist my stomach and not in a good way.

dropping my keys on the table I call out to my eldest daughter, ''Eleanor?'' I hung my coat up on the entryway wall as I slipped out of my shoes.

''MUMM!'' My daughter replied loudly, running down the stairs to hug me mid-waist giggling, I chuckled hugging her back as I kissed her forehead. ''Hello, sweetheart. Did you have a good day at school today? no trouble?'' I Asked as I let go of her.

My daughter has a tendency to have a bit of a mouth on her, and while it does serve her good and can also cause her problems as well. ''Nope. But Mrs. Margaret said that she really like the cookies we baked last night! Oh, and Mr. Hughes was being a meanie as per usual.''

I rolled my eyes at my daughter's comment as I prepared a small meal for her and my 6 year old son, Lucas.  As I prepared Ploughman's Lunch, Lucas's favorite meal, I checked on the babysitter's arrival time. It was crucial to ensure everything was in order, especially with Mia's invitation looming over me.

"Lucas, sweetheart, dinner is almost ready!" I called out, setting the table for our meal. The aroma of the food filled the air, adding a sense of warmth and comfort to the chaotic day.

Eleanor and Lucas sat at the table eagerly, chatting about their day and sharing stories from school. Their laughter and excitement were a balm to my weary soul.

After we finished dinner and the kids were settled, I excused myself to get ready for Mia's "friendly date." The thought of spending time outside the house, away from the drama, was oddly appealing.

it was now..3:34 mp. I still had time to get ready.

As I went through my evening routine, I couldn't shake off the lingering tension. Meeting Mia tonight felt like stepping into unknown territory, but maybe a distraction was what I needed.