Chapter four: 𝑰𝒏𝒇𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒚

Charlotte's pov.

I woke up to the sound of the front door opening, guessing it was Daniel I gradually woke up and rubbed my eyes, I sat up in bed running a hand through my hair.

What time is it...12:57 pm? he really must've had his work cut out for him. I sway my legs over the beg and onto the floor, just as I was about to move I hear giggling coming from down stairs.

More specifically, feminine giggling..the fuck? the only girls in this house are myself and my 12 year old daughter. Whatever it was probably just my imagination...

we've been married 12 years, yes, But I know him well enough to see the signs.. I sighed as I stood up from the bed , needing to go to the toilet

Silently making my way to the hallway to not way up my little ones, I stopped mid step when I heard a soft moan followed by grunting groans from somewhere in the house. I knew it couldn't have been my husband because I know what he sounds like in bed .

Everything inside me goes cold from hearing that, and I already know what's going on, but the thought of him cheating on me with someone else in our home just sickens me too much to care.

I made my way to the bathroom, closing the door behind me softly I stared at my reflection for a long moment, was I too boring for him now? did he not desire me the way he used to? or did he just loose all attraction towards me?

I was feeling so much at that moment, too much for myself to handle actually. Sadness, anger, confusion, guilt and uneasiness. Not that the noise those two idiots were making it even worse.

I groaned and rubbed my eyes, I was tired but not tired enough to feel like I could kill every person in this house. Though I would never do that.

Shutting the bathroom door I slowly made my way but to our - well as of now, my bedroom and slipped back into bed.

I woke up a few hours later to see a text from.. Mia ? oh, right. I forgot I had her saved in my contacts, I glanced around the room with no sign of that cheating asshole anywhere I'm not surprised..what a dick. With a heavy sigh I unlocked my phone and read the text.

Morning, Sweetheart, we're a bit short-staffed today, so I need you in the baby room with Jodie seeing as she cannot be left unsupervised. And for the life of me, make sure she does NOT eat all the plastic fruit.

I groaned and threw my phone onto the bed, I did not want to come into work today but we were short-staffed and I didn't want Jodie of all people to be stressed. We all know how Jodie is..even though she tries.

Alright, I can do that. How many babies are going to be in the baby room today? Also, should I prepare any specific activities or tasks for the babies, or is there anything else you need me to handle while I'm in there ? sent at 5:11 am.

No specific activities or tasks for the babies today, there should be 5 or 6 but I'm sure you can handle that though, can't you sweetheart? sent at 5:13 am.

I read her text as I got up and got ready. I got my 7 year old son ready for school because his sister was at my grandmother's house for her 12th birthday.

I am not ready for today...

(TIME SKIP YOU BEAUTIFUL LOT OF PEOPLE😋😋)

It was lunch break and Winter said he would cover for me, I was sitting in the lunch room. Lost deep in thought of ways to kill that cheating...you know what don't even think about it Charlotte.

''Char!'' Carly's voice pulled me out of my thoughts with that grin eating  smile on her, and I just know there's gossip. ''Oh, Hi Carly, what's up?'' I tried smiling despite the emotional turmoil I was going internally.

''Okay, so- you okay?'' Carly asked, concerned evade in her voice. This is not how I want my lunch break going.. ''Uh-..yeah, um..'' I looked down at my hand, playing with my wedding ring. I shouldn't tell her.

''Char...if there's something that happened and I don't know about I wanna know. Like now.'' I sighed avoiding her gaze, I didn't want to burned her with my problems but teenagers will be teenagers.

''Oh my god! it's about your husband isn't it?'' I looked at her with wide eyes, I honestly forget she's a good Jude of character sometimes... ''Um, yeah. I uh..I heard a lot of um, moaning, and groaning..and grunting last night and-''

''Oh, ewww! disgusting..didn't even have the decency to take her to a hotel?! what a dick-'' Carly moulded her face in disgust and I couldn't blame her either but she was being a bit too loud for my liking. ''Carly, keep it down! please..I don't want Mia hearing our conversation..again...''

''Oh, right..sorry, anyways what's up with Mia? she's been in a better mood this morning..I mean usually she's like, always in a moody and rude but she was nice today..like actually nice for once'' Did I hear that right? Mia, being nice to people? I could hardly believe what I was hearing.

For good reasons too, ''Oh, that..Weird'' I hummed thoughtfully, was it because of our conversation from last night? no, surely not..Or was it because of the text she sent me this morning? Whatever it was, I shouldn't over think it too much.

I glanced up at the clock realizing that my break was almost over, I sighed and got up, ''Well, My break is almost over, and I'm needed in the baby room. So I'll talk with you later'' 

''Kay, bye Char!''

I closed the door behind me, making my way to the baby room just as I turned the corner I bumped into...Mia...shit.

I held my breath and perched my lips in a line, my breath mingling with hers as she continued to stare back at me, We were so close to a point where I could feel her breathing hit my nose.

I felt my face heat, flush in embarrassment as we silently stared at each other, naturally I gazed down at her lips for a moment longer than needed..and god, I pray she did not see that..

''Careful, sweetheart, might have an accident bumping into people while your in a rush.'' I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out expect for 'um' and 'uh' and 'erm' what is wrong with me today?!

''Um, y-yes of course, wouldn't want any accidents right'' I laughed nervously, feeling my cheeks flush. Why am I flustered!?

''Well then, you better get back to work than. Jodie seems to need a helping hand..'' Mia replied, before walking past me, brushing her arm against mine. What is her game? and why am I all flustered?! Ugh...this is so confusing.

--

A/N hey you beautiful lot of sexy people😘😋 again, apologies for the late update my wifi decided to be a bitch and just fail to work so here's the late update,nd because I didn't update last night I'II give you guys a sneak peak of chapter 6 nd 7 in a few hours😘

--