Chapter 14: The Dawn

Start from the beginning

“You’ve never met my biology teacher.” Lily answered.

Abaddon placed the picture back into the bin before standing up straight.

“No, I haven’t but I’m sure my pets have…”

Lily sighed, she didn’t even wish that fate upon her teacher who she’d despite ever since she’d started university.

“Do you want these?” Abaddon pointed a finger to the filled up bin with drawings.

“Err, not really.” Lily shrugged.

“Alright,” Abaddon said clicking his fingers as the bin was engulfed with flames.

Lily let out a high pitch scream and stepped backwards away from the bin. Abaddon turned around to look at Lily and chuckled.

“Oh my god! Put it out!” Lily cried.

“Fine” Abaddon muttered as the flame was instantly put out and all that remained was a small cloud of smoke that was slowly rising to the roof.

Lily coughed slightly as the smoke filled her nose.

“Oh right, your lungs don’t like smoke.” Abaddon said as if suddenly remembering.

Abaddon turned to walk towards the balcony and Lily followed behind him. The warm sun was shining down reflecting on the glass making it almost dazzling.

“So, where do you wish to go mortal? California, Vegas, Texas, it doesn’t even have to be in American, we could go to India, Australia, Germany “

Lily looked at Abaddon surprised she had the option to go anywhere in the world, she had such a great offer  laid in front of her but she almost felt guilty if she accepted it.

“I’m not sure” Lily answered truthfully.

“Well I highly doubt you want to stay out here, when the sun reaches mid day these bodies will begin to decompose very rapidly and it will be the only thing you’ll be able to smell for days.”

Lily frowned thinking of the poor soldiers that lay down below her. She could only wonder how many more lives were taken from around here and the whole country.

Abaddon turned around to look and Lily as if he could tell what she was thinking. “You’re wondering how many are left here aye?”

“How did you know?” Lily asked surprised.

“I’m Immortal I know everything, and to your question not many. The hounds are tearing apart each state in a matter of hours and once there done here they’ll move onto the next country. I predict in a few more days my task will be complete.”

Lily desperately wanted to ask when it was her turn to join the rest of the humans down in the underworld but part of her didn’t want to know the answered to it because she knew would be to difficult to hear.

Abaddon stood tall giving no body language off that could possibly answer Lily’s question, he always looked so emotionless almost like he was hurting inside which Lily knew was impossible it just seemed that way from her point of view.

“Anywhere, Moral just pick somewhere.” Abaddon asked again.

“What’s the point? I know you don’t even want to go wherever I pick, you just want to kill everything that moves.”

Lily could picture Abaddon’s personality similar to a hawk or lion, it fed off its prey which happened to be humans and it would stop at nothing until it got its next meal, he was designed to kill like a hawk with its sharp beak or a lion with its claws and teeth.

 “I’m giving you an opportunity to see the world don’t pass it up.” Abaddon growled quietly.

 Abaddon froze as the voice of the previous day make its appearance inside his head again.

“She’s only curious to your motives” It spoke in the same blank tone of voice as before.

“I thought you said you were going to go away!” Abaddon shouted into his head.

“Yes I was, but it seems obvious to me that you need to me to give you guidance as it would be.” The voice replied back.

“I don’t need you damn guidance or you help!” Abaddon answered.

“Oh, it seems like you do. You waste so much time arguing with me wouldn’t you save yourself so much time if you just listened to me?” The voice said, Abaddon could picture it smirking at him.

“Why should I listen to you? When I don’t even know who is speaking to me.”

Lily peered over at Abaddon he was standing silently looking out over the balcony, he almost looked like he was having a conversation with himself and from his facial expression he looked irritated by something. 

Lily wondered if it was her that caused Abaddon to go all quiet all of a sudden, was it her fault for not picking somewhere already? She decided not to say anything but instead watched him.

“You should listen because at this current moment you do not deserve this Immortal body you are put in. don’t you want to feel you earned the gift you have?” The voice responded.

“Leave me be, I try to do something that you would classify as good and you still pester me.”

Abaddon ran his claws along the bar of the balcony making a high pitch sharp sound.

“If you think I wasn’t proud of you for offering to take Lily around the world then you’re wrong, it is your temper I worry more about.”

“Don’t waste your time worrying for my sake, in a few days time I’m out of this place back to the underworld then I can forget about you and Lily and this damn awful trip I’ve had to make just to get rid of this race!” Abaddon said in his head loudly.

Lily took a further step back away from Abaddon whatever was happening to him she didn’t want to get involved with, she rested her back against the pillar that held the balcony up and stared up at the sky letting the sun’s rays shine down upon her.

 “Is that it? You’ve waited years for this and you simply want to just get back to the underworld and forget all about this?” The voice said in a surprised tone.

“Well I’ve make a disaster of what I was created to do” Abaddon said disappointedly.

“And what’s waiting for you when you get back? Loads of tortured souls for you to spend eternity to listen to?”

Abaddon frowned slightly at the voices words he couldn’t deny the fact whoever or whatever it was spoke of the truth, the voices of the underworld never remained silent they would constantly moan of their death and the unfairness of it.

“Well I’ll find a way to sort that out or something…” Abaddon mumbled.

The voice continued to speak without a pause. “All I’m saying is that this is your one chance don’t ruin it, listen to Lily humans are more intelligent than you would like to believe and I’m sure your last few days won’t be a complete waste if you just spend it talking.”

“I’ll consider that”

“Thank you, we will talk again some other time Abaddon.”

Abaddon relaxed as his mind went back into a calm state, his ears pricked up when he heard Lily’s voice, he’d completely forgotten she’d been waiting.

“Um... Abaddon?”  Lily said faintly in the background.

“Yeah?”

“I’ve decided where I want to go.” Lily said smiling.