The video analysis is long, but helpful. Since she's now moved out of the freshman-sophomore age bracket, there'll be some still competition, especially with the seniors, who have an entire year of competing on her. She fills up quite a few pages in her notebook before Bruno calls it a day.

Since it's Monday, the boys' fencing team is meant to practice at the same time as them, but once again they've left early, and once again they've left their equipment everywhere for poor Pierre to pick up.

Bruno shakes his head with disapproval. "If those boys were my athletes, I'd make them run twenty laps of the tourney field for every piece they left behind. One day they'll let me coach the boys' team too, and I'll merge us together, no boys team or girls team, just me and my respectful, well-oiled machine of a fencing team. We will be an unstoppable force I'll—" Bruno watches as Georgie leans down to grab some equipment with her good arm, "Ah, ah, ah, do not touch! You need to rest your shoulder, Georgie. Rest. I'll get it."

Luckily, the tourney team gets out at the same time as Georgie is done with her video analysis. Carlos and Jay walk up to the fencing platform instead of heading toward the locker rooms with the rest of their team. Helmet in hand, Jay shouts over to Georgie, "I thought you weren't doing actual fencing today?"

Georgie walks over to the edge of the fencing platform and squats down to talk to the approaching boys, "I didn't. The boys' team did though. They never clean up for themselves."

Carlos looks put out. "They leave it all for you to clean up? Even with your shoulder?"

Georgie shrugs. "No for me really, but their poor Coach Pierre. Bruno and I usually help him out."

The two boys look at one another, deciding something without a single word being spoken and unceremoniously jumping onto the fencing platform. Bruno goes to refuse the help but Jay and Carlos insist on helping him carry the equipment away.

Jay manages to take about half of the equipment by himself, and Bruno and Carlos split the other half. Georgie walks along with them towards the storage room with her water bottle in her uninjured arm. "Thank you, boys," Bruno says from beneath his pile. "Say, have you ever considered fencing?"

Georgie chuckles, of course Bruno couldn't pass up an opportunity to recruit newcomers to the sport.

"On the Isle we all knew our way around a sword pretty well, but I'm not sure with one of these thingy's," says Jay, motioning to the pile of bagged rapiers he's holding.

A smile flashes across Bruno's face. "Brilliant. Keep it in mind if you find Tourney isn't enough for you. Fencing is like an art, and a paintbrush is your sword." His voice grows more serious, "And also, very fun if you like to stab at people and win trophies." And with that, he walks into the main building. Georgie's mouth is left hanging open; both Jay and Carlos look to her for an explanation of Bruno, but all she can offer is a shrug before they follow after him.

The equipment finds its way into their proper storage spots and Bruno parts ways with the students who are headed toward the changing rooms. Remembering the text she sent before practice, Georgie practically runs to the phone in her locker.

Sure enough, there's a single text from Ben. I asked her.

Rolling her eyes at Ben's intentional vagueness, she types back to him furiously, WHAT DID SHE SAY?

The text bubble appears telling Georgie he's typing back, but she waits in agony until the bubble turns to text. She said yes, texts Ben. He punctuates the sentence with a smiley face for good measure.

Georgie closes her locker with a satisfied smirk and texts back, Woo hoo! Have fun! Text me when you're back. Knowing she and Ben had planned the perfect date to a tee made her confident that the two would have a good time: those chocolate-covered strawberries didn't dip themselves after all. She joins the boys with a hop in her step. "Mal and Ben are off on a date!"