chapter fifteen

location: Monaco Grand Prix

EMILIA ROMAGNA GRAND PRIX

POLE - Dennis Hauger

2nd - Ollie Bearman

3rd - Amaury Cordeel

WINNING IN MONACO was every racer's dream. Whether you race in Formula 4 or Formula 1, scoring pole position at the Monaco Grand Prix was the goal. Second only to winning a driver's championship and maybe tied to winning in Monza. The thin race track posed many challenges for overtaking. The risk of bumping into the wall became higher.

If you asked any driver which race track posed the most challenge to win but everyone called it their favorite, they'd all say Monaco.

"What is your favorite part of a race weekend?" Ollie asked, snapping Olivia out of her trance. Right, filming time. She thought for a moment.

"Probably the fashion trends. Especially the formula one drivers. I've seen some amazing outfits from them." Olivia answered. It wasn't too early in the day. They had qualifying in a couple hours. She drew the next card from the deck.

"If you could drive any F1 team and win, who would it be?" Olivia read, smiling as she already knew her teammates answer.

"Ferrari, obviously. Who isn't a Ferrari fan?" Ollie joked. Julie stood behind the camera, keeping a close eye on what the drivers said.

"Not Oscar, that's for sure." She was referring to the picture from several years ago of Oscar posing in front of the Red Bull factory.

"Very true." Ollie said, drawing the next card. "Which country would you add a Grand Prix race in?"

"I would bring back the French Grand Prix, or add a shorter version of the Le Mans race onto the calendar."

"You mean the 24 hours of Le Mans?"

"Yes, I would love to race at Le Mans in the endurance race." Olivia said, looking at the camera, "Definitely a top race of mine growing up."

"Have you ever been in contact with those teams?" One of the film crew asked.

"I have not. None of the teams have reached out, but I'm not actively trying to join. Just, you know, if the opportunity arose I would take it." Olivia explained. Julie signaled for her to draw the next card. It was the last card in the deck.

"Which driver on the formula one grid would you want as a teammate and why?" Olivia asked, setting the card back on the table.

"I'd have to say Charles Leclerc. He's just been very nice to me during my time as a Junior driver."

"You're so original."

"I try to be."

Julie waved her hand to tell them they were done. A light switched off to show that the cameras weren't filming. Olivia laid back in her chair, exhausted.

"How are you already tired?" Ollie asked, reaching out a hand to help her up.

"Long flights." Olivia said, "very little sleep." She grasped his hand and pulled herself to her feet. Before the two could continue their conversation, Julie walked up to them.

"Ollie, you have several interviews set up now. Olivia, I've got nothing for you." Julie said, reading off her phone.

"Perfect, that means I can go take a nap." Olivia said. As she turned to leave, a small ding went off from Julie's phone.

"Scratch that, Nico and Henry want to talk to you in the garage." She waved Olivia off to go find them. With a roll of her eyes, Olivia turned and left the building. It was a short walk to the Prema garage. She passed several fans, taking pictures with them as she went. Olivia found Henry and Nico standing by her car, chatting silently.