Chapter 9 - The Beginning of FEAR

Start from the beginning

I feel. . . fearful, a foreboding sense of something bad, an omen. . .

I'm exiting the school, standing beside the wall with Kurumi Hikarimochi. Shido told me to wait for him after school to talk with me about something. Of course, I had nothing better to do, so I accepted and now I'm waiting for him. Hikarimochi stands beside me telepathically talking to her ghost as usual.

Again, I feel that foreboding sense of something bad.

Shido: "Sorry Traveler, I had something to do."

Y/N: "No worries Shido, so anyway. . . So what'cha want?"

Shido: "I was wondering. . . d-do you want to go on a date?"

Kurumi's eyes widen a little, she immediately straightens herself at the sudden date proposal. I stand there frozen for a little. When was the last time someone asked me out on a date?

I still what happened with Sara. . . I could still feel the phantom pains. . . I wonder what she is doing now. . .

"Men like you deserve to have everything taken away from them, Disgusting. Good luck with your empty house."

Hah, I guess she's probably off somewhere living her life. I'm still here, freeloading as usual. . .

Y/N: "You still want to date me? Shido? I'm sorry but, I'll have to decline."

Shido: "O-Oh. . . Could we hang out at least?"

Y/N: "Hmm. . ."

I place a finger on my chin, thinking of an answer. I guess we could hang out, at least we're friends. I'm not ready to date again, not after. . .

"You're idiotic, stupid, useless. What good are you? if you struggle to keep a minimal-wage job this much, why are you even with me?"

Y/N: "Sure, we could hang out, what time?"

Shido: "Today, at 8:30"

Y/N: "Isn't that a little late?"

Shido: "Well. . . Yeah, but I'm willing to compromise, just this once."

Y/N: "Hmmmm. . . Okay!"

Kurumi(Lightbearer): "HEY! Can I join too? ~"

Shido: "Eh?"

Y/N: "Sure, why not? it's a hang out isn't it?"

Shido: "Yeah. . ."

Kurumi(LIghtbearer): "Yay!!!! We'll do fun things together Traveler! ~, like go to an arcade or watch a movie, or go to the mall!!!"

. . .

Shido's POV.

Kotori: [Isn't it weird? her emotions spiked when Shido asked her out on a date.]

Reine: [Her brainwaves spiked, her amygdala spiked the most. She fears something.]

Shido listens in on their conversation, through his ear-piece. What could the Traveler fear?

Kotori: [Shido, I'm assigning the important task of investigating and figuring out what the <Gardener> fears. So we have better data and more info to work with when we inevitably seal her]

Shido whispers into his earpiece.

Shido: "I'll try my best, hope I don't get atomized. . ."

Kotori: [You'll be fine Big Bro, it's just one mentally unstable girl, Pshh I mean, you've already sealed two, so why not increase the streak hmmm?]