Chapter 13

I waited till they both arrived safely to convene a meeting. Abraham was so angry that he was about to burst. Soren was so angry that he threw his seat across the hall. Abraham wanted Jayden dead. I said that my experience as an police officer can make that happen. He asked me how and I said that I make it look like a mugging gone wrong. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time. I can look like someone from another century. Nobody would be able to tell who it is. I can even cover my face with a mask or anything. Nocturnals will be safe since all of them have to be at a certain. I will need an alibi. Soren promised to be my alibi.

So I changed my looks and covered my face and took off to find Jayden. I found him in an alleyway. He was taking out the trash. He was given a broom and the guy walked back inside. I took the opportunity and pulled out a butterfly knife and slashed his throat then stabbed him in the abdomen matching a description of an attack few nights ago. I was eavesdropping on a conversation an ME had with a detective. When he fell down I wanted to kick him before I walked out into the streets but I stopped myself. I got to the alleyway on other side of the street. I dashed back to Crown's Oasis. Soren was waiting for my arrival. I smiled at as I whispered how I did. Both of them smiled that they were finally rid of him.

Sure enough the police arrived to ask the whereabouts of the residents. Abraham, Soren and I vouched for each other that we were having a private meeting. There are no cameras inside but the one outside confirms that we were inside for at least an hour. The room has no windows and there is only one entrance. The entire time that Jayden was being murdered we were in a conference talking about current affairs. So after an hour the nocturnals were exonerated.

Soren threw a lavish ball to celebrate Jayden's death. Every nocturnal was invited. I was allowed to go as me. Jasper and the others stared as I sat on a throne on Soren's left. His spouse gave me a smile. I stared happily as everyone gathered round. A menace showed up and changed into a werewolf. He challenged Abraham to a fight since he wanted to be Alpha. Abraham turned to me and asked me to fight him.

I got up and walked down to the stairs. He growled that a child is challenging him. I clapped my hand once and he changed back to human form. He understood that I am the Alpha. I simply said that he can't ever change into a werewolf ever again. He tried to change but he could not. He tried to hit me but I moved so quickly that his strikes hit air. I raised my hand and he was given the antidote. He was stripped of his wolf and he was escorted out. I sat down with a sullen face. Abraham gave me a hug saying that my family is here. I waved at everyone and they smiled back at me.

When the party was over I sat by the balcony to watch the sunrise. One of werewolves came to ask me if I was ok. I was sad that bad guys were trying to tear my family apart. The man tried to give me a hug. Oleg stepped forward to remind that protocol forbids it. So I pat the man on his cheek and walked back to my room. I sat on the wrought iron mesh that was designed to stop me from falling. I heard the door open so I turned to see Igor sneak a peek to see if I was here. Then he and the others stood guard to protect me.

Jayden's funeral was something I was looking forward to. I was not allowed to go there so I extended my senses to observe what was going on. Jayden was cremated and his group of followers stared as he was burned to ashes. They vowed to make an army of hybrids to rule over humans and nocturnals. One of them was a scientist working on a time machine to travel back in time. If they get that to work I will use it to save mother's life. I will turn her into a vampire or werewolf. I will hide her with Cain or anyone who is willing to protect her.

Someone decided that the peace and tranquility is driving them nuts so they blew up the wall to let the zombies in. Mass panic arose and the president ordered Soren to wake me up. He came to my apartment and asked me to do something. I extended my shield and the zombies refuse to go beyond. The soldiers saw this and realized that Soren had woken me up.

From the roof tops they saw that the nocturnal zone was safe from these chompers while the human zone was laden with zombies. The new ones understood why I am so closely guarded. One soldier used the comms to ask Soren to send me to deal with these things. Soren responded by saying that I had just woken up so I am sluggish. I extended the shield as far as I can. I will see them in an hour. The soldiers said that they didn't have an hour. So Soren said to move to the nocturnal zone. So everyone came in and stayed outside the gates demanding to be let in. Abraham walked out and demanded that they kill the idiot who blew up the wall. The soldiers dragged the man and shot him in the head and the gates opened immediately.

It felt like an ant hill was shaken. People were pushing and shoving to get in. When the last one got in the gates were locked. Zombies stood on the other side of the street watching what could be described as their breakfast, lunch and dinner. I waited an hour and flew out the window. I heard people call out my name. There were cheers as I landed on the asphalt. I took a deep breath and screamed. The zombies dropped like flies. When they were dead I flew in the air and screamed till the stragglers were dead too. I used my shield to push the zombies where they belong. On the other side of the wall and away from the city. When I was certain that it was safe. I quickly flew back to the palace.

When I was back inside Oleg let out a howl to which Abraham ordered his troops to move the humans back to their side. They were apprehensive at first but slowly they walked till they were all on their way back to their homes. At least what was left of it. Abraham came back inside and he gave me a thumbs up. I bowed to show respect. He smiled at me like I was his baby sister. Soren still adheres to some of the old ways where werewolves are inferior. I treat everyone like they are equal so they love me more. I walked back to my room when the president called asking Soren not to put me to sleep. Soren said that the nocturna accords forbid it. So despite the protests from the military. The shield retracted and everyone was informed that 'I was put back to sleep'. In reality I had to put on my disguise again.

Soren took me shopping saying I need to have a wardrobe that is fitting for a princess. His wife came to help me look splendid. After an hour we came back home to find a werewolf who can make things bespoke. She designed my outfits and was careful not to prick me. After she left Soren got a call from the president asking to know where I was since the zombies have gone back to normal. They are coming in their thousands and the military is having a hard time keeping them away. They have just removed the rubble. They haven't begun patching the hole in the wall. Soren got an earful when he said that I went back to sleep. Abraham ripped phone out Soren's hand and hung up. I applauded his bravery. Soren waved his hands and walked off to fix this mess.