02

Don't you miss me?
———

"If I knew that it's hot today I would've put my sunscreen on," I complained while walking towards Lando who has a his sunglasses on. He greeted me with a smile and tried to hug me but I stopped him.

"Nice to see you too," he said sarcastically and I gave him a warm smile. "Pleasure, but no hugs, the weather is killing me right now," I said and he chuckled.

Yup, he is already used to it, Lando and I are friends before Carlos even joined Mclaren so yeah, I knew him because again, my parents.

"How's the flight?" He asked me while pulling my luggage towards the exit. I put my passport inside my bag first before answering, "oh it's fine, experiencing almost twelve turbulence, 5 hours of delayed flight because of the storm, an air traffic and a very talkative passenger who is noisy despite being in first class, of course the flight is fine."

He shook his head before opening the car door for me. "Have you eaten? I'm sure Carlos is still on a stroll with Rebecca around Canada, you still have plenty of time to eat or even stroll too," he suggested while starting the engine.

"Take me to the hotel where you guys are staying." He nodded his head before driving. I lower the temperature of the air conditioner of his car.

"How's the hospital? I'm actually shocked when you called me the other day. How's Calli, by the way? Married already? Dating? Or the same?" He asked me while driving.

"You know my cousin very well, she isn't really interested into those stuff right now. The hospital is doing great, I'm lucky enough to be my father's daughter he gave me a month leave," I said while retrieving the water from the compartment of his car.

"And that is why you are my favorite nepo baby," he said with a chuckle. We arrived at the hotel and a clerk opened the door for us. Lando handed the other clerk his key and we entered the hotel.

"Hand me the key card to Carlos and Rebecca's room." He looked at me shocked. "I beg your pardon?" He asked me, almost whispering.

"Did I stutter?" I raised a brow at him and he went to the reception to get the spare key card. I looked around the hotel and took a picture of the interior.

"Here you go, look don't do anything stupid ok?" I nodded at him as we walked to the elevator.

"Do you have a reservation here?" Hé asked me while pressing on the top floor. "Yes, I already booked while waiting for my flight last night," I said as I watch the monitor from above.

We arrived at the floor and I looked for his room. "Don't do something stupid, I will call him and tell him you arri—"

"Don't you dare, Landito! I want to see the look on his face when he see his beloved bestfriend sitting on the couch of the room with a cup of tea," I said as I press the key card on the door.

When I opened it I was welcomed by a mess. "Just call me when you need me," he said before leaving me alone. I sighed and picked up the pillows on the floor and fixed the duvet cover of the bed.

After fixing his mess, I saw his watches sprawling on the table. I sighed and put it inside the drawer before sitting on the couch. I checked the time and it was just 3:30 in the afternoon, no wonder it is hot.