7. The Ballad of What Could Have Been

________________June 10th, 2024

________________
June 10th, 2024

Wow, it has been almost a month since my last journal entry. I've been quite busy painting in the last few weeks, sometimes until late at night, and I was too tired to grab journal and pen at the end of my day.
Painting Sculptures really kick-started something inside me, and I thought, why not painting more music-inspired stuff?
The ones I did so far are centered on places in the songs. It might as well be the theme for the next collection.

I completed three paintings (not Arctic Monkeys related!) and I'm about to finish a fourth. This one is inspired by Batphone, my favorite track from Tranquility Base, but I have to say it may be one of my favorites from the entire Arctic Monkeys catalog. I love the eerie vibes and the way it makes me picture the hotel and its walls, the grounds outside, the sitting room with the opaque blinds, the panoramic windows...
I can clearly see the brooding light of the place, the absurd wallpaper (the Vangeance trilogy, I know those movies from John), the architecture...
The feeling of longing and of hope to see something familiar outside the windows, like the low beams of the car of a lost lover.
So that's what I'm trying to paint.

I'd like to make more for Arctic Monkeys songs, especially from The Car and Tranquility Base. I probably will, but only for myself. The image of that boat kiosk with the lady and her sleepy dogs (the amigos) is just too irresistible. I already have a finished painting of that little scene in my head.

I can't put up an exhibition with only Arctic Monkeys songs. But Sculptures and this current one (if it comes out right) will be included in the exhibition, if I'll ever end up doing it.

Anyways.
I needed to write today to reorganize my thoughts after what happened this afternoon...
I'm literally covering my face with the palm of my hand as I try to recount it.
I don't even know where to start...what a damn rollercoaster!
I guess I'll just start from where I left off.

So...
Nothing particular happened in the last few weeks, aside from the work with Alex, of course, which is always special. Our working sessions are the highlight of my weeks.
Our vision is shaping up. The musical pieces are coming out nicely and we're finalizing some ideas on which manner they will highlight my paintings in the exhibit.
We met one extra night the last two weeks and I've even gone back to his home studio a couple of times.
We also had a meeting with Michelle to brief her on the progress of our project, so we've been seeing each other a lot lately, which makes me happy.

I learned how to deal and how to live with my attraction for him.
I've been fantasizing about him, not gonna lie. After that one night in his studio, the closeness, the feeling of his warm hands on mine, smelling him...it  left me a bit in a turmoil.
But I just take it as it is, a silly crush. I take it very lightly. I'm savoring it, in a way: even though nothing can never come out of it,  it makes me feel alive.
Rather than be frustrated by it, I use its energy to summon the chemistry in our work and to help put our brains together.