"Are you gonna talk with your brother?" Cedric asked after Cayden swallowed his food down his throat.

"I'm not the type of person to make the first move." Cayden answered, continuing where he stopped reading to take a bite of his food. He stopped again when Cedric uses his thumb against the corner of his mouth. Confused, he turns his head to look at Cedric.

"There was something on your mouth." Cedric answered, sending Cayden a small smile as he wipes the stuff on his thumb on a napkin.

Cayden nods, about to read the book again but was stopped again by dozens of owls circling the ceiling, then swoop down, dropping parcels to their respective person. A familiar owl land right next to him, dropping a square parcel beside him.

Cayden smiles and gave the Severus' owl some of his food and carefully opens the parcel. His mouth gaped at the sight of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Book of Potions books.

"He really loves you, huh?" Cedric asked, looking at the books in front of Cayden with a small smile at the thought of Professor Snape caring for Cayden like his own son.

"He does." Cayden said, smiling softly at the thought of Severus gifting him these books, even though he had only mentioned to Severus a week ago that he wanted to read these books.

"It's almost time for Transfiguration class." Cedric said, breaking Cayden out of his thought.

"It is?" Cayden asked, turning his head to look at Cedric as the Severus owl flies away after eating his food.

"We will be if you wanted to put the books at the dormitory." Cedric said, taking the last bite of his food. "And return these books to the library before Madam Pince banned us from the library." He added, making Cayden giggle.

"Okay, let's put these books in the library and then visit the dormitory." Cayden said, ignoring the stare that he could feel from Harry and Ron. He stood up and takes the books on the table, Cedric taking much more than his, and starts walking out of the Great Hall to the library and their dormitory.

≪ °❈° ≫

"Did you hear that Harry Potter has made into the Quidditch team?" Cayden heard a Hufflepuff said as he makes his way up to his shared dormitory.

Cayden shakes his head, ignoring the talk about Harry as he enters the dormitory and sees Cedric and another Hufflepuff getting ready for bed as well. "If I hear one more thing about Harry, I'm gonna lose it." He said, making Cedric snicker, taking off his shoes and takes Book of Potions from the bedside table beside him. He sits down on his bed, leans back against the headboard and starts reading the book.

"You're not jealous are you?" The Hufflepuff asked, turning to look at Cayden.

"Is there a reason why?" Cayden asked, not looking up from his book. "We were both babies when You-Know-Who died, and we 'supposedly' defeated him." He said, hearing Cedric chuckles from somewhere. "I just want you to know that I don't like the attention. If it's Harry that's the reason I'm not in the center of the attention, then, I don't mind being the shadow." He answered, looking up from his book to the Hufflepuff who has now sat down on the bed.

"You're friends with Malfoy's group." The Hufflepuff pointed out.

"I didn't know I need your opinion to make friends." Cayden said, raising an eyebrow at the Hufflepuff, who looks away from him. "I thought this school was created to learn spells and make friends, I'm sorry I must've been mistaken then. I guess this school was created to make children's army." He added, turning his head away from the now embarrassed Hufflepuff to a smirking Cedric.