Part 6

Aliyah pov

Aliyah pov

I get inside my apartment and lock the door. Once I turn around I see both Ava and Dante looking at me.

I look towards the tv and see Hulu on the screen. "Guys. You started without me?" How could they start Movie night without me?

"We were waiting on your ass to get back." Dante is the first one to speak. He rolls his eyes and scoffs, then smiles.

Dante is one of the most sassiest men you will ever meet. Me and Ava met Dante at freshman orientation and instantly clicked with each other.
He's on the Cheer team, and one of the loudest people when he's cheering.

Ava picked up the popcorn from the white coffee table in the middle of the living room. "Where were you anyway?"

"I went to the library to work on my project." I walk to the kitchen and see some food on the stove. "I'll be back, I'm gonna shower and put my stuff away then we can start." They both groan and turn around towards the tv.

I walk down the hall to my room and open the door. I put my art supplies away, and put my portfolio on the shelf near my desk.

I get my clothes out, set them on the bed, and go to the bathroom to start the shower.

{TIME SKIP}

Once we clean up the kitchen and the living room we sit on the couch and talk.

"So...Aliyah."

"Yes, Ava?" She looks at me like she caught me  in a lie.

"What took you so long at the library? Besides your art work. You usually only take about half an hour there.." Damn it. She had to say it didn't she.

I squint my eyes at her. "I can't be at the library for longer than my usual time? Maybe I needed a quiet place to work and got caught up."

She hums and stops bugging me. I wouldn't mind telling her about my interaction with Ace, but I know Dante will go all out and have a fit about it.

Dante looks between us but doesn't say anything. Let's hope he let it go and doesn't ask anything later.

After our conversation, me and Ava walk Dante to the door and hug him goodbye. Dante is a music major so his schedule is aligned with ours just a little bit, but since he and Ava have after school practices and sports, their schedules are more alike with each others than mine with theirs.

After me and Ava say bye to Dante, I turn to her. "I met Ace at the library." I shouldn't have said it but I wanted to tell her.

She turns towards me with her mouth open. "Oh.my.god. Aliyah, you sneaky girl. What happened to you telling me not to give your phone number to people?"

"I still don't want you to, but when we talked at the party the other day, I liked the conversation we were having and...he's attractive."

She smiles and jumps up and down. "OH MY GOD MY GIRL IS HAVING A CRUSH!"

"Shhhhhh. We still have people living next to us, and no it's not a crush. I just find him attractive that's all." She stop jumping and starts pouting. She opens her mouth to say something but I hold my hand up to shut her up.

"That's. All."

She puts her hands up surrendering and closing her mouth.

I smile in triumph and turn to walk towards my bedroom, but just as I'm about to close my door she says "CRUSH!" and I shut the door laughing lightly.

I go around to sit on my bed and take out my phone.

I look up our school page and then the hockey page.

Their stats are not bad. Not bad at all. As I scroll through the roster for this year, I see Ace's name and instantly pull up his information.

My mouth drops open as I scroll through his profile. He's a goddamn hockey star. How the hell did I not know this? And why is his picture so...hot?

Every thing he told me was correct, but he forgot to mention anything about how good he is.

After looking through the page for the rest of the team I figure out his stats are the best out of the team. I also see he's ranked number 4 in the nation, and he graduates this year.

Once I get done finding all the information I want, I put my phone on the charger and turn my light off.

My mind instantly went to the thought of him.

How he'd feel under my touch. How his eyes would darken when-

NO. What the hell am I doing. This man probably has a million girls after him and I'm not even sure if he likes black girls.

I breathe and turn on my stomach and lay my arms under my head and close my eyes.

—————————————————————————

Sooooo.....I know Aliyah's part is short for this time, but I kinda want to hurry up the story and get to the good parts.

Tomorrow I may not update anything till late at night due to my state testing.

Please continue to vote for my story and share your thoughts!

Thank you for reading! 🤍