008. ━ shepherd and grey 2.0

season six // episode seventeen[ shepherd and grey 2

[ shepherd and grey 2.0 ]

❝What about me says that
I can give good relationship
advice?❞

𝐀 𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 the quiet room making Oliver jump slightly at the sudden noise. He looked down when he felt an arm tighten around his waist. "Who's calling you this early?" London asked tiredly, her head resting on his chest.

"It's Lexie," he replied softly, answering the phone. "Lex, now isn't really a good time."

"Well, that's too bad, because I need to talk to you," she said from the other end of the line and he sighed, sitting upright in the bed. London whined quietly and rolled over, shifting under the covers.

"Okay, fine, what's up?" he asked.

"Mark still won't talk to me," she told him and he nodded, watching London slip out from the bed and toward her kitchen, pulling her hair into a messy bun. "Every time we're near each other at work, he just—he avoids me. He doesn't even make eye contact with me!" She let out a frustrated groan and slumped onto her back. "What do I do, Ollie?"

He shrugged. "Let me sleep?" he suggested.

She frowned. "I'm being serious!"

"So am I!" he retorted with a small huff. "Lex, it's three in the morning and as much as I love you, I don't want to lose sleep over your relationship problems. So, I'm sorry if your ex-boyfriend isn't at the top of my worries."

Lexie paused and he nodded just as London walked back into her bedroom with a glass of water in her hand.

"But what if he's moving on?" she asked and he hung his head. "He may have lied to me, but... that doesn't mean that I don't want to be with him."

"So if he came to you today and said that he still loved you, what would you do?" he asked her and she shrugged. "Would you tell him that you love him, too?"

"Yes," she said quietly and he pressed his lips together. "Was it a mistake to break up with him?"

Oliver shrugged lightly. "You're asking the wrong person, Lex."

"You're right," she agreed, nodding to herself. "Put London on the phone."

"Lex—"

"Put her on the phone, Ollie!"

Oliver sighed and held out the phone to London who quirked an eyebrow upward. "It's Lexie," he said and she glanced at the device before up at him. He shrugged. "She needs relationship advice."

"What about me says that I can give good relationship advice?" she asked with a frown. "I've been in one relationship in my entire life and he ran away because he was too scared of my dad. And you and I have been sleeping together for a month."