Chapter 79

Duke has known Shen Zhichu for many years.

Duke's father was an instructor at the military academy before he retired, and Shen Zhichu's brother Shen Jinshan was one of the students his father taught.

When Duke was a kid, he often went to his father's training field after school.

Because of this relationship, he and Shen Zhichu were already good friends before they went to the same high school.

It's been about ten years, right?

In Duke's impression, Shen Zhichu, like his brother, had excellent grades, was helpful, and had a gentle and steady personality.

Duke couldn't describe his feelings when he saw Shen Zhichu at the meeting point.

The old friends became strangers in an instant.

At that moment, he was so overwhelmed with shock and confusion that he was almost speechless.

"...Old Shen?"

At that time, Duke's voice was trembling.

"You...why are you here?"

Facing a whole row of black muzzles, Shen Zhichu's expression was a little surprised, but not much panic.

"...What do you think?" He asked calmly when he was handcuffed.

And Duke's memory of what happened later is already a little blurry.

The undercover they were tracking down...

How could it be Shen Zhichu?

All of a sudden, all the doubts in the past suddenly came to light.

Why did the mission on Tar Star fail?

Why did previous investigations always lead to dead ends?

Why can the targets of pursuit always predict their actions one step ahead of them?

Fu Linyuan had long suspected that there was an undercover agent within the army.

Although Duke felt that his boss's guess was reasonable, he never thought that the undercover agent would be his long-time friend.

Perhaps because he looked really bad, the female colleague who came out to deliver the materials returned to the office, and after a while, she came out with a glass of water.

Duke knew that the other party meant well, so he forced a smile and thanked him.

The corridor was quiet for a few more minutes.

Then Duke, who was sitting in a chair in a daze, heard the faint voice of his subordinates greeting the marshal not far away.

Looking up, Fu Linyuan was striding this way.

"...boss."

It wasn't until the other party came to him that Duke came back to his senses and quickly stood up.

Fu Linyuan, who was looking down at the terminal, raised his eyes: "...Is he in there?"

Duke hummed.

Fu Linyuan was quiet for a moment and said, "Go wash your face."

Duke: "...Yes."

When Yu Bai woke up, it was already close to noon the next day.

...I feel so dizzy.

He sat up rubbing his head.

My temples are still a little swollen and painful.

...uncomfortable.