Chapter 33

In order to make reasonable use of space, the rooms on the battleship are not large.

The Marshal's room was no exception.

Even if it is a single room, apart from a bed, a set of tables and chairs, and a cabinet, there is only a solitary small oval window left in the room.

Outside the window, countless stars are hovering quietly in space like diamonds, forming a pleasing scenery.

However, Yu Bai, who was sitting on the bed, looked at the stars outside the window. After a while, he raised his hand to indicate the size of the window.

...Are all starship windows this big?

That was the first room he was locked up in.

If he had chosen the wrong path in the alley at the beginning, he would have been bought by that laboratory for four billion trading points that night.

Because he resisted so much, the people from the auction house injected him with a large amount of sedatives before handing him over.

When the little mermaid woke up completely, she was already locked in a metal cage.

The metal cage was so small that he could only curl up while sitting in it, unable to even straighten his back.

The cage was placed in a small room with nothing around it except a window.

That window is about that big.

Because there was no reference, Yu Bai had no way of knowing how long he had been in that cage.

Anyway, it was a long, long time.

After a long time, he began to suffer from severe dehydration and did not even have the extra mental energy to maintain his legs. He could only transform back into a fish tail, and the stars that had been changing outside the window finally stopped.

The starship carrying him landed on an unknown planet, sending him to a gloomy future.

Maybe it was because the days spent with Fu Linyuan after his rebirth were too comfortable...

Looking at the stars outside the window, Yu Bai thought.

He had almost forgotten how 'rare' a research subject he was to other humans.

Even if they didn't know that he had the ability to purify human spiritual power, those people would still cut open his flesh and saw off his bones.

Euphemistically called research.

...What if that person came to arrest him?

Gently pinching her palm, the little mermaid forced herself to calm down and began to sort out the clues she knew.

In this life, Fu Linyuan appeared in advance and bought him away.

Through this period of study, the little mermaid also fully understood how the auction works.

In other words, the guests who attended the auction that day may all know his identity.

But Fu Linyuan used a transshipment container at the auction house, and later he also wore a transvestite container for himself. Later, he cut his hair and customized a new appearance...

but it seemed that he was still found.

...My current mental strength has only recovered half.

I don't know whether it was because she had been away from her home star in the sea for too long, or whether she was injected with a sedative when she was sold to the auction house. The little mermaid's mental strength has actually been in a very weak state since then. .

During this period of time with Fu Linyuan, he ate well, rested well, and drank a lot of water to warm up his mental strength, and he was able to recover to half of his strength.

If he fully recovers, Yu Bai won't worry about anyone coming to arrest him.

The mermaid is naturally powerful. In his previous life, even if the people in the laboratory regularly injected him with drugs that suppressed his mental power and paralyzed his muscles, two people with S-level mental power would be sent to keep an eye on him every time he needed to be transferred.

In a completely healthy state, Yu Bai felt that he was not afraid of anyone except Fu Linyuan.

But now...

But now his mental strength has only been restored to half, and his ability to protect himself has been greatly reduced.

If those bad guys really come looking for him, he has no confidence that he can protect himself.

If he can't even protect himself...

Yu Bai gritted his teeth, and another scene of the starship about to disintegrate flashed before his eyes.

Will it cause trouble to Fu Linyuan like before?

the other side.

After receiving the news, Evans said he would immediately seal off the base and carefully investigate the infiltrators.

So Fu Linyuan directed the fleet to enter various coordinates on the Fortes defense line, while keeping an eye on the communications with the base.

About three hours later, after the last starship anchored at the designated coordinates, Fu Linyuan also received three messages from Evans.

The first news is that the identity of the man disguised as Duke has been found out. He is a new recruit in the base garrison named Damon Kluwin, who just joined the army last year.

There are surveillance cameras in every corridor of the base, and there are almost no blind spots. Kruwin was only wearing a transshipment container and was not invisible, so the people sent by Evans quickly followed the surveillance to find him.

The second piece of news was that Kluwin was already dead when he was found.

Preliminary autopsy showed that he may have taken some kind of toxin and died.

More specific autopsy report results will have to wait for some time, and Evans has already begun to investigate the person's movements.

However, even if there is software to help sift through tens of thousands of hours of surveillance, it will take some time to fully understand what Kluwin has done before.

The third piece of news was that while searching Kluwin's body, Evans' people found a photo of unknown origin on the terminal he carried.

Although only half of the protagonist's face in the photo was photographed, it can be seen that he is very young and his facial features are also very delicate and smooth.

But the most eye-catching part of the whole photo is his long silver-white hair.

The picture seems to have been taken in an aircraft. The silver-haired owner is leaning on the seat and sleeping.

The information sent by Evans said that there were some other simple physical descriptions found with this photo, which should be said to be the people in the photo.

Kluwin seemed to be looking for him.

Although the picture quality was not very clear, Fu Linyuan still recognized it at a glance. The person in the photo was Yu Bai.

...Is the target Yu Bai?

Fu Linyuan thought as he stared at the star map sent by the frontline reconnaissance team.

Are they the ones bidding at the auction house?

Only those people should be able to get Yu Bai's photos.

He had obviously been very careful to hide his identity.

Why was it still found?

"Beep--"

An alarm interrupted his thoughts.

Immediately afterwards, Duke's voice came from the receiver: "Report to the commander, there are traces of Zerg activity fifty stars ahead, please enter a state of combat readiness."

Pinch his eyebrows, Fu Linyuan suppressed his worries: " Approved, we will enter combat readiness immediately."

It was already night when the marshal came out of the control room to take a break.

Even though there is no distinction between day and night in deep space, looking at the clock on the wall, it is already late at night at Ford Base.

It took a little longer than Fu Linyuan expected to deal with the first batch of Zerg.

After handling the duty handover and getting two more nutrient solutions, Fu Linyuan returned to the room.

But the little guy who usually gets sleepy at midnight is still awake and sitting at the table in a daze.

He turned around when he heard the sound of opening the door.

The two looked at each other, and Fu Linyuan asked: "...Are you hungry?"

Yu Bai nodded first, and then shook his head.

A little bit, but not really craving for food.

The little mermaid is not good at hiding her emotions. At this time, her whole body looks wilted, like an eggplant beaten by frost, which makes people feel pity for her.

Handing one of the bags of nutrient solution to Yu Bai, Fu Linyuan added: "...I'll make do with it, there is no canteen on the official cruise."

Yu Bai took the nutrient solution and whispered his thanks.

After a pause, Fu Linyuan sat down opposite him: "The man you saw has been caught."

The little mermaid's eyes widened suddenly.

After staying for a few seconds, he asked softly: "So... arrest me?"

Fu Linyuan did not hide anything and nodded: "It is possible that Admiral Evans found clues related to you in his terminal. "

Are you really here to catch me?

"...Oh." Yu Bai lowered his head again, gently tore open the package of the nutrient solution, and didn't ask any more questions.

After having a simple dinner and washing up, the little mermaid did not pester him to tell stories like the previous two days. She just sat by the window and started to be in a daze again.

He was thin and looked even more frail when he sat quietly, as if a gust of wind could blow him away.

Fu Linyuan looked at his profile for a moment and said, "Yu Bai."

Those beautiful eyes that looked like the sea looked at him.

Fu Linyuan showed him the photos found by Evans.

"Do you still remember where you were?"

Although Yu Bai didn't know when his photo was taken, he recognized the background.

——It's the liar's aircraft.

So he didn't hide it: "It's the bad guy who sold me."

The person who sold the little mermaid to the auction house?

Fu Linyuan paused and opened Kluwin's photo: "His name is Damon Kluwin. He is the person pretending to be Duke, and he is also the one holding your photo... Is he the bad guy?"

Yu Bai looked at it carefully. Looking at Kruven's facial features, he shook his head: "No."

He had never seen this person before.

The Trickster looks different and has different shoulders.

Kluwin was stocky, with a neck that was stubbier than the Trickster's shoulders and shoulders that were a bit wider than the Trickster's.

...So it was a liar who leaked his identity?

How did that person know he was at Ford Base?

...Is Kluwin from the laboratory? What's the purpose of looking for him?

Before he could figure it out, Fu Linyuan asked about the liar's appearance again.

Yu Bai didn't hide anything and told the other party everything he could remember.

The human's appearance was very deceptive, and his dark brown eyes always showed gentleness.

"... black hair, brown eyes, and there is a black spot here on the neck."

After trying to describe it, the little mermaid's long eyelashes trembled slightly, covering the emotions in his eyes. He stared at the empty table in front of him, pinching himself He finally couldn't help but ask:

"Am I... troublesome?"

In fact, his pronunciation was still not very standard, and his grammar was not very accurate, but Fu Linyuan still understood from the apologetic tone. his meaning.

Am I causing trouble again?

"No." The man said calmly, "There's no trouble."

Before the little mermaid could ask any more questions, he stood up and walked out: "I've already written down what you said, and I'll handle it."

However, he left When he reached the door, the man paused, thought of something, and then turned back.

It is mentioned in "Children's Emotions 2" that when children are afraid or nervous, they need to be given appropriate encouragement.

So Fu Linyuan reached out and gently touched the top of Yu Bai's soft hair.

"You did a good job," the deep voice was much softer than usual, and there was a little bit of imperceptible comfort in the tone, "It's already very late, let's rest first."

Late second update (guilty.jpg)

Well, as long as I don't say anything, no one will notice that I'm late (I'm sure)

See you tonight