Chapter Thirty-One

Start from the beginning

"I'm going to grab a shirt real quick." I said, going over to the suit case and grabbing a random t shirt to throw over my bikini top, seeing as it was super revealing and we now had out own pool, that was an our pool bikini. 

"Booooo." Jamie said as he watched me throw the shirt over my head. 

"Hey, you're the one wearing shorts and a shirt, I'm just wearing the bottoms out like this." I said, throwing my hands up in defence. 

"Fair I guess, maybe I'll take the shirt off through our walk." He said, with a wink, and for some reason I could feel my cheeks heat up. There was no reason that just a simple wink from Jamie should make me blush, we've been together for three and a half years. "You're so pretty when you blush." He whispered, his voice felt like a breeze going through the open windows. 

"I love you." I said, looking him in the eyes, he was already looking down at me with the kind of smile that says everything you ever need to know. The crinkles by his eyes showed that he had been smiling for a while already. 

"I love you most, my beautiful wife." He said, leaning down and softly pressing his lips to mine. I had almost forgotten, this place was so beautiful it slipped my mind why we were even here. 

"Ready to go check it out?" I asked, pulling away only an inch or two. 

"Yeah, let's go." He said, taking my hand in his and intertwining our fingers. We grabbed our phones, sliding them both into Jamie's pockets because I didn't have any, he grabbed a snapback and put it backwards on his head since he never leaves without one, as well as a room card and put that in his pockets too. "You know, if I keep carrying everything my shorts are going to fall off."

"I don't see that as being a bad thing." I said, shrugging my shoulders. 

"You want everyone to see what I'm packing?" He asked as we closed the door behind us, he was smirking proudly. 

"Doesn't matter to me, I'm very secure in this relationship." I said, trying to hold back a slight laugh. 

"Yeah, you should be." He said, smiling down at me. We walked down the path, making little comments at all the little houses near by before getting to the pool which was pretty crowded, people jumping in and out, but happily no kids. 

"Is this a kid free resort?" I asked Jamie, quietly. 

"Yeah, pretty sure at least. I didn't look for one specifically. I just looked for the fanciest, nicest, most romantic, and best rated." He said, laughing just a little bit. 

"That's a good way to find one." I replied. There was a bar by the pool so we decided to go get a drink whilst we were in the area anyways. Jamie ordered two pina coladas for us and they came out in no time, bartender definitely went a little heavy on the rum. We walked down another path to try and find the beach, it didn't take long to get down there. "Can you hold this for a second?" I asked Jamie, handing him my drink. He didn't verbally reply, just took the drink out of my hand. The wind was pretty strong down here with no buildings blocking it anymore so I pulled my scrunchie off of my wrist and tied my hair up. 

"You should wear your hair up more often." Jamie said as he looked at me as if I was the sun. 

"I feel like I look like an egg with my hair up." I said, laughing awkwardly a little bit. 

"I don't think so, I think you look beautiful no matter what." He replied as he handed me the drink back. 

"Well, thank you." I replied, I held back my eye roll just because I knew it would make him carry on. "The ocean looks so pretty." I said after a moment of silence, the entire time I could feel his eyes on me.