06. {renaissance titties}

Start from the beginning

"i mean you did make the map." daisy reminded her. amerie gave her a bored look and so daisy cleared her throat. "hey so, about the map. how come you didn't—"

dusty jogged into the room, making the girl stop her sentence. amerie's attention shifted to dusty, making daisy roll her eyes.

"hey, um... im really sorry." amerie started. "i swear she said she was going to cancel it."

"as if those dickheads had anywhere better to be." dusty shrugged, his guitar now in his hands. he placed a handmade blue bow on the girl's shoulder. "see you tonight?"

daisy rolled her eyes. this boy hooked up with amerie's ex-best friend, and now he was flirting with her. the boy noticed her annoyed look. "i would've made one for you too daisy, if i'd known you'd be here."

"i'm fine without." she gave him a tight-lipped smile before he headed out of the room.

amerie rubbed the thread in between her fingers and daisy didn't want to stay any longer. she quickly picked up her backpack. "aye, where are you going? we're not done yet." amerie said.

"yeah... good luck with that." daisy hummed.

"hey." amerie gently grabbed her arm, "did i do something wrong?"

daisy glanced up to see amerie looking at her with her big, doe, brown eyes. her face had shifted from a loving smile for dusty to a concerned look for daisy. the girl quickly shook her head, pulling her arm free. "i've just remembered i've got things to do. but i'll see you later, amerie."

"see you later, daisy." amerie frowned, watching the girl walk away.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"no, i actually think it's quite sweet you've liked her for so long." malakai shrugged in reassurance.

turns out the boy and his family had moved into the house just down daisy's street. when they had left their homes to make their way to the party, they had seen one another and decided to just arrive together.

since daisy never knew when to stop talking and she couldn't confide in her other friends: quinni was on a date, darren was working and bee was babysitting, her new friend malakai would have to listen to her situation.

"you don't think it's weird?" daisy questioned.

"i mean now that you've mentioned it..." malakai joked.

daisy nudged him to the side, rolling her eyes. "not funny, malakai. i just can't get over her, i don't know why."

"has anything ever happened between you guys?" malakai asked. "i mean does she even like girls? i thought she was in love with dusty."

daisy sighed. "that's the thing! last year, we pashed, hardcore. but then she completely blanked me and she didn't include it on the map."

"maybe she forgot." malakai suggested.

"or maybe she just wants to forget." daisy sighed. "i should really get over her."

"it's been four years, you can't just give up now." malakai said.

"why are you trying to encourage my delusions?" daisy narrowed her eyes at him, suspiciously.

"because i want to make a deal." malakai said. "i'll be your wingman, if you'll be mine."

"i'll be your...?"

"wingman." he repeated. malakai saw the look he was receiving and shook his head. "wingwoman."