Chapter 1: meeting her

Seto Kaiba, the formidable CEO of Kaiba Corporation, finds himself in the quiet corridors of the hospital, waiting anxiously for news on his younger brother Mokuba's condition. As he paces the sterile hallways, his thoughts consumed with worry, he notices a gentle melody drifting through the air, drawing his attention to the room adjacent to Mokuba's.

Intrigued by the hauntingly beautiful voice, Seto pauses in his tracks, his curiosity piqued. Silently, he leans against the wall, listening intently as the soothing melody fills the otherwise somber atmosphere of the hospital ward. The voice belongs to Angel, a patient recovering from an illiness, whose presence radiates with an inexplicable energy.

Seto finds himself captivated by the ethereal sound, each note resonating with an emotion he can't quite name. He watches from a distance, hidden in the shadows, as Angel's voice weaves its magic, casting a spell over the sterile surroundings. In that moment, Seto is drawn to her, his heart stirred by the purity and passion of her song.

Despite the urgency of his brother's condition, Seto lingers in the hallway, unable to tear himself away from the enchanting melody. As he listens, he feels a sense of peace wash over him, a rare moment of respite from the chaos of his everyday life. In Angel's voice, he finds a fleeting glimpse of solace, a whisper of hope in the darkness.

Eventually, duty calls, and Seto reluctantly tears himself away from the mesmerizing sound. But the memory of Angel's voice lingers in his mind, haunting him long after he leaves the hospital. Little does he know that their paths will cross again, igniting a connection that will forever change the course of their lives.

As Seto Kaiba steps into the hospital room where his brother Mokuba is recuperating, he feels a sense of relief wash over him at the sight of his sibling sitting up in bed, looking much better than before. The doctor's words confirm what he hoped to hear – Mokuba will be discharged tomorrow, and the worst of his illness is behind him.

With his brother's health assured, Seto's attention drifts to the room next door, where he knows the mysterious girl with the enchanting voice resides. Curiosity tugs at him once more, urging him to seek out the source of that haunting melody that has lingered in his thoughts since their first encounter.

Quietly, Seto approaches the door to her room, his footsteps echoing softly in the empty corridor. Peering inside, he sees Angel seated by the window, her delicate fingers gliding gracefully across the pages of a worn leather journal. Her expression is serene, lost in thought as she writes, unaware of his presence.

For a moment, Seto hesitates, unsure of how to approach her. But something within him compels him to stay, to linger in the doorway and watch her in silence. There's a peacefulness about her, a sense of calm that draws him in, reminding him of the tranquility he felt when he first heard her sing.

As he watches her, a flood of emotions washes over Seto – curiosity, fascination, and a hint of something deeper, something he can't quite define. He finds himself entranced by her presence, captivated by the way she seems to exist in her own world, untouched by the chaos of his own.

For a brief moment, their eyes meet, and Seto feels a jolt of electricity shoot through him, a connection sparking between them. In that fleeting instant, he senses that there is more to Angel than meets the eye, that beneath her calm exterior lies a world of untold stories and hidden depths.

But before he can dwell on these thoughts further, Seto is interrupted by the sound of footsteps approaching from down the hall. With a final glance at Angel, he quietly slips away, leaving her to her solitude, his mind buzzing with questions and possibilities.

As he makes his way back to his brother's room, Seto can't shake the feeling that their paths will cross again, and that Angel's presence in his life is far from over.

As the doctor approaches Seto Kaiba, he notices the businessman's lingering gaze on the girl in the neighboring room. Sensing Kaiba's interest, the doctor hesitates before delivering the somber news about the girl's condition.

"Her name is Angel Megumi," the doctor begins, his tone grave. "She's the daughter of the Megumi family, renowned for their Kaijudo schools and bakery. Unfortunately, Angel is facing a serious illness, one that we've been struggling to treat. Despite our efforts, her condition is deteriorating, and we're running out of options."

Seto's expression darkens as he absorbs the doctor's words. He knows of the Megumi family's prestigious reputation and the significance of their name in the world of Kaijudo. To hear that their daughter is battling an untreatable illness strikes a chord within him, stirring feelings of sympathy and concern.

"Is there anything more you can tell me about her condition?" Seto inquires, his voice tinged with genuine concern. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

The doctor shakes his head sadly, his expression pained. "I'm afraid there's little we can do at this point. We're doing everything we can to make her comfortable, but her prognosis is grim."

Seto's mind races with thoughts of the girl named Angel, her fragile existence overshadowed by the weight of her illness. Despite his typically stoic demeanor, he can't shake the sense of empathy that wells up within him, a desire to reach out and offer whatever assistance he can.

As he bids farewell to the doctor and returns to his brother's room, Seto's thoughts are consumed by Angel Megumi and the plight she faces. Though he knows little about her, he can't shake the feeling that their paths have crossed for a reason, and that he may hold the key to helping her in some way.