Chapter 4

Drew took me to his house and layed me down on his bed. I sat up fast. The last thing I wanted to do was take a nap. And honestly after seeing what happened back there, who could blame me.

I looked over at Drew and watched him sit back into his chair. Just by the way his jaw was set firmly and he stared at the floor I knew he was deep in thought. But I have questions that need to be answered. Now.

"Drew, what the hells going on?" I asked.

He glanced at me and let out a sigh. "Its not my place to tell you." Was all he said.

I clenched my fists in my lap and glared. "Are you kidding me? Some guy is after me and you don't even wanna tell me why!" I yelled.

His eyes widened and he stood up in front of me. I never ever yell at Drew. But this is insane. Cole could be seriously hurt, if not dead. And the guy that did it is apparently after me. And Drew don't even wanna tell me why!

"Ok, ok, I'll tell you. But you can't tell anyone. Not even the girls," he said looking down at me.

I looked up at him, meeting his eyes. "If that's what it will take to get some answers. Fine. I won't tell anyone."

That's when he looked down. And slowly started to paice in front of the bed. He does that when he's thinking."Erin, there's a lot you don't know about. Some of its hard to explain, and I'm not to sure your going to understand it all. Much less believe me."

"Just try," I pleaded as I watched him paice more.

"Ok, well first things first, I'm sure your wondering who that guy was. That was Jace Shyer. He's something called a Hunter. I'm a vampire, and Cole he's a werewolf. Incase you didn't get that part," he said looking at me.
"We're something called non-worlders. People like Jace are sent by the royal family to kill us non-worlders." He rolls his eyes a little. "To them we're no better then rats."

"Ok, but what does any of that have to do with me?" I ask wrapping his softly blue blanket around myself. "I'm still not understanding how I fit into this."

He looked down,"that's the part I'm not supposed to tell you," he says pulling his chair up to sit in front of me and grabs my hand. "Your involved in this because your a part if the royal family. Actually, your supposed to marry Jace when you become of age," he said spitting out the last sentence with so much discuss.

He runs his hand through his hair as he continues,"Jace was sent here to get you and return you to the City of Light, were your parents are. They need you to help fight in a war. A war against non-worlders and Hunters.

This is crazy. This is way to much to handle. First off, my parents are here. Working through a divorce. Second, why would anyone need me to help fight in a war? I mean come on. I'm 17. What can I possibly do? "Drew, this is crazy. How do you expect me to believe this without any proof?" I ask

Drew stands fast practically jumping out of his chair,"I can prove it. I'll show you my fangs."

"Even if I did see them, how do I know your not lieing about the whole Royal family and stuff. Come on Drew." I said.

"I guess you'll just have to believe me then huh. Besides, when have I ever lied to you?" He asked looking Into my eyes.

He's right, he's never lied to me before. So why would he start now?

I let out a sigh,"show me your fangs."

He smiled a little,"you ready? You can't freak out or anything you know," he said jokeing.

I smiles a little too,"I know. I won't I promise."

"Good," he said then smiled big showing his crystal white teeth. Then pointing to a very sharp tooth, then turned his head and showed me the other.