Father? - Oliver

Oliver's POV 

I lay on the bed, Elio's head laying on my chest. I sigh with contentment as we lay together, I slowly move him off me and to the bed which causes a small whine. I kiss his head before writing  a note.

To Elio,

I have popped out to see Jane, I am going to be honest with her.
I need to finally be done with this and be able to be with you 
all the time.
I shall not be too long but in case you are to need me, 
I will be at the hotel Mary
Room 201

Love from your love
Oliver x 

I kiss his head one more time before leaving the note by the bed, getting dressed and heading out. I ride the bike all the way to the hotel, locking it up before heading inside. I arrive at the door before I know it, "Oliver, I never expected to see you this early. Thought you would have been workin'" She says, a smile plastered on her face.

"Jane, we need to talk. Can I come in?" I ask, she nods. The smile from her face now no longer there and I can see the worry in her face.

I sit down on the bed, and she comes to sit next to me and as she goes to grab my hand, I quickly pull it away and pull it closer to my chest. "Please do not interrupt me, I need to get this off my chest." I say, and she nods. 
"Jane, I have always thought you were special but the last time I was here in Italy, I met someone, and they complete me in a way that no one else has been able to. I never knew how someone I just met could be so perfect and complete me so quickly, I always knew I was never fully straight, but I never knew what it could be but meeting this person really opened my eyes to the truth behind my life. They sat with me every night the last time I was here and when I finally went home, I felt empty without them. When my father wanted me to get married, he picked you knowing you had liked me for a while and for many years we had been on and off. I never really felt the same after, I feel like I have to be honest with you instead of waiting till your gone to be fufiled again with this person. I'm not saying I don't or have never loved you but as of right now Jane I don't think I could continue going on, living without this person. Living a lie every day, pretending that I don't miss this person because I do. I want us both to live a life to the fullest and I think that means we have to go our separate ways." I finish while taking a breath. 

"Is the person you in love with Elio?" She asks, "I've seen the way you look at each other" a smile appears on her face. "I knew this day was coming but the question that remains is after the divorce, who gets the kids?" 

"I think the best option maybe keeping the kids in America, they grew up there, but I may stay here with Elio," I say, picking at the skin around my fingers.

"I want to keep the kids in America, do you want to see the children?" She asks.

"I will never get the time and I do not want to disappoint them by saying I'll be there when in reality that might not be possible." I say. "What do we tell people?" 

"We can tell them you wanted to travel the world while I wanted to stay put" she says, "and we thought that our ideas are so different that we decided we couldn't keep going on. No one has to know anything about you or Elio that isn't us." 

"Thank you, Jane," I say, finally hugging her. I release a breath I didn't know I was holding and finally let the tears flow. I'm able to stay with Elio. 

"You get back to Elio, does he even know you're here?" She asks, a smile on her face.

"He was asleep when I left" I say, wiping my eyes. "Our marriage was nice, thank you" I kiss her cheek.

"Go see Elio, and it was. I will be in contact soon" I nod, and we bid our goodbyes before I head off back to Elio.

~ (A/N: I can't find the name of Elio's mother so for the sake of the book, let's call her Mary)