-"I'm sorry, Addison Montgomery is in Seattle indefinitely... Are you from Los Angeles?" 

- "yes" 

- "I can suggest an appointment with one of our other doctors, or I can make an appointment for you with Dr. Montgomery, but in that case, you'll have to pay your own travel expenses".

- "you want me to go all the way to Seattle?" 

-"If you want Dr. Montgomery to take care of you, yes".

- "uh... Okay, I think I can do that. I'm used to flying."

- "okay, I've got room on the fifteenth at one o'clock"

- "the fifteenth... October?"

- "no September"

- "but that's in two days"

- "too short to organize?" 

- "uh, no, I guess, I guess it's okay"

- "so it's in the name of?"

-"Bishop, Maya Bishop."

- "an e-mail address so I can send you a questionnaire and a blood test... Tomorrow morning. As well as all the details of your appointment."

- "uh yes capt.mayabishop@lafd.com" 

-"Thank you, it's the fifteenth of September at one o'clock and I'll send you all the documents you need for your appointment".

- "have a nice day"

-"Thank you too, Captain Bishop". 

/End of telephone conversation/

Maya had been surprised by the speed with which this appointment had been made, and how quickly she might soon be able to hug a little being. 

By the time she got organized and booked her plane tickets, took her blood test and gathered the requested documents, the two days had gone by relatively quickly, less than two days in fact, as she'd made the appointment quite late in the day on Wednesday. 

She'd arrived at Grey Sloan an hour and a half early, worried that the plane would be late, plus the traffic on the road between the airport and the hospital, but she'd rather be early than late anyway. 

She'd waited in the waiting room until Addison ushered her into the office. 

-"Hello... Captain Bishop, you're a captain where?" The redhead asked as she ushered the blonde into her office. 

- "in LA, on the thirty-eighth." 

- "oh, you're from LA?" 

- "yes, I saw on the internet that you were the best on this side of the United States, and when I called your private practice I was told that for the moment you're doing your consultations from Seattle... I didn't really hesitate."

-"There are other very good specialists in Los Angeles" Addison smiled. 

-"I wanted the best."

She had smiled again. 

-"What can I do for you, Maya?"

- "I want a baby, I want to be pregnant, I'm single, I don't have a partner and I don't want to wait any longer for my life. I want a baby." 

-"What's the rush?"

-"I've devoted my life to my career, first as a sportswoman, then as a professional. I've just turned thirty-four and I realize that this isn't real life. I don't have a partner, I come home to an empty house every night, I don't have anyone to share my joys and failures with...".