Chapter 20

The belly of the ship was dark. Thor was already at the controls, pushing buttons haphazardly. "I thought you said you knew how to fly this thing." My father said, walking behind my uncle.

"I said, how hard can it be." Thor corrected angrily.

"Well, whatever you're doing brother, I suggest you do it faster."

"Shut up, Loki."

The two squabbled like schoolboys, endlessly volleying insults.

"You must have missed something." My father said pointedly.

"I didn't, I've pressed every button on this thing."

"No, don't hit it, just press it, gently."

"I am pressing it gently. It's just not working."

With that, Thor pounded on the controls and the ship perked up, booting itself, prepping for flight. We began to lift off, slamming at first, before spinning around, wrecking the ornate columns.

"I think you missed a column." My father remarked.

"Shut up!"

Point Loki.

Then we were gone, out of the palace and flying over Asgard. "Look, why don't you let me take over, I'm clearly the better pilot!" My father said angrily.

"Is that right?" Thor scoffed. "Out of the two of us, which one can actually fly?"

Point to Thor.

Suddenly, Jane swayed before collapsing. I gasped. My father was not as concerned. "Oh dear." He said. "Is she dead?"

Point Loki.

"Jane." Thor cried, not wanting to look away from out flight.

"I'm okay." She lifted a weak hand, and my uncle returned his focus to the flying. And right in time, as a portion of the wing caught a stone statue, causing the monument to crumble to pieces.

"Not a word." Thor said through gritted teeth. My father closed his mouth obediently.

Then we had two Asgardian pilots on our tail. Wonderful.

"Now they're following us." My father said, glancing behind. "Now they're firing at us."

"Yes, thank you for the commentary Loki, it's not at all distracting."

Point Thor.

"Well done." My father said as we ruined yet another statue. "You just decapitated your grandfather."

Point Loki.

"You know, this is wonderful." My father began. "This is a tremendous idea. Let's steal the biggest, most obvious ship in the universe, and let's escape in that! Flying around the city, smashing into everything in sight so everyone can see us, it's brilliant, Thor, it's truly brilliant."

He hardly got to finish his sentence, as my uncle kicked him in the gut, sending him toppling out of the ship. "Dad!" I screamed, running to the side. Then Thor pushed me off too.

I screamed, landing hard on what felt like a body. "Sorry Dad." I said, picking myself up. He grimaced at the man captaining the ship. Fandral.

"I see your time on the dungeons has made you no less graceful, Loki!" He jabbed, laughing. I rolled my eyes, as did my father, who approached Thor.

"You lied to me." He said, his voice low. "I'm impressed."

"I'm glad you're pleased." Thor said, looking back at him. "Now do as you've promised: take us to your secret pathway."

My father took the wheel, grinning. Thor looked slightly worried, but I smiled back up at him. Then the ship following is began to shoot, causing is to veer off track. Thor looked to Frandral, who grabbed on to a rope, swinging over the edge.

"For Asgard!"

I grinned.

We sped up, aiming towards a large rock formation. "Loki!" Thor warned.

"If it were easy, everyone would do it." My father justified with a wicked grin.