Chapter 10

Double Digits!!!!!!!!!

On the last day of school before break, I bid farewell to Gwen and Avril with a little prank of my own. The pair received detention (oops) and Ellie was steaming when she found me laughing my head off on the bathroom. "Dropping confetti on them was not cool!" She lectured as we left the building for the break. "They got detention for making a mess you know."

"I know!" I snapped back, "But I apologized. And look," I said, pointing towards where the two were running out of the building, shrieking gleefully, "They got off."

"Because you made the teacher forget that she ever gave them detention."

"Soooooo?" I asked. "What's the harm in that?"

"It should have been your detention."

"In which case she would have forgotten about it 5 times faster."

I grinned. I had won the argument and Ellie knew it. "Just be thankful I didn't use my magic on you today." I told her.

She glared at me.

***************

Stark Towers was nearly empty by the time I got there. Pepper was on a business trip, and the second I left for the helicarrier, Tony was going to join her. Grinning, I waltzed into my room, grabbed my bags, and joined Tony outside the tower.

Nat arrived seconds later in a black armored sports car. SHIELD agents traveled in style, what could I say?

"Bye Kiddo!" Tony whispered into my ear as he hugged me goodbye. "Be careful. No broken bones, or near death situations." I laughed.

"I'll be fine!" I yelled over my shoulder as I stepped into the car. "Have fun with Pepper!"

************

Vacation couldn't have come sooner. I found myself standing on the corner of a street, only paces away from the house I was to be staying in. I walked up the drive and knocked twice on the door.

"Hela!"

I was pulled into a hug by Dr. Selvig. "We've been waiting for you to get here." He said, leading me into the house, my duffle bag over his shoulder. "Jane's here, as is Darcy and her intern, Ian."

"Isn't Darcy Jane's intern?" I asked, but Erik just shrugged for an answer.

I had meet Darcy and Jane after the attack on New York. I had seen them briefly in New Mexico 2 years ago, but Fury decided it might be good if I got to know someone else close to my Uncle, so I spent a week with them, which mainly involved lots of boring scientific research.

"Why are you in England?" I asked as Selvig led me into the house. He stopped in the kitchen, setting my bag down and taking a seat.

"There's some strange stuff going on." He said softly. "Weird anomalies that shouldn't be happening. We are researching them."

"Last time you researched this stuff you ran into a Norse god." I said with a smile. "Is Jane hoping it'll happen again?"

Selvig didn't answer. "Talk to her, will you?" He asked gently. "She's a bit shaken. Hasn't seen him for two years."

My mouth dropped wide open.