Chapter 19

"Frigga's Dead."

He stared at me before delicately standing up, turning away, and clenching his fists. Everything in the cell flew at the walls, breaking to pieces. I bit my lip, tears still falling. I didn't know what to do.

I sank to my knees as my world fell apart before me.

I spent the next day in my chambers, staring at the wall. I no longer cared about anything. I went without meals, without company or comfort. I wanted my grandmother, but that wish could no longer be satisfied.

I was aroused that night by a knock on the door. "Go away!" I yelled, burrying my face deep into my pillows. "I'm not hungry."

"That's a relief!" Came the sharp tone of my father.

I grinned, jumping out of bed and running towards him. I flung the door open and grabbed him around the waist. "Daddy!" I cried, running my hands on his armor. It really was him.

He grinned, scooping me up into a bearhug. I wiped at my eyes. "Hela, are you crying?" He asked indignantly. I shook my head, blushing.

"Come on." My uncle said, stepping out from the shadows. "We've wasted enough time." His voice was clipped, and I groaned, wondering what Odin had done with Jane to get him on such a bad mood. 

We walked a short ways, meeting Jane and Sif. Jane faltered when she caught sight of my father, sizing him up. "You're..."

"I'm Loki." My father said cockily. "You may have heard of..."

Jane slapped him across the face, stopping him dead. I clasped my hands over my mouth, giggling.

"That was for New York." Jane said, eyeing him sceptically.

"I like her!" Was all my father managed to say.

We didn't get very far in my uncle's valiant escape plan before guards began to flank us. "Take her." Sif said, gesturing towards Jane. "I'll hold them off." Thor nodded his thanks before ushering Jane down the hallway. I turned to follow, but upon hearing the unsheathing of a blade, looked behind me to see Sif's sword at my father's neck.

"Betray him and I will kill you." She growled.

My father chuckled. "It's good to see you too, Sif." His voice hardened before he followed me down the hallway.

When I saw where the hall ended  I groaned. We were to be escaping through the ship the Dark Elves had crashed. Brilliant.

We met Volstagg in front of it, who informed Thor he too would help hold offer the guards who followed us in suit. Before my father could pass into the ship, he too stuck out an arm. "Betray him..."

"And you'll... Kill me? Evidently there will be a line." My father quipped.