SURVIVING THE UNDEAD|EP.2|

"Run!" Thomas yelled, his voice echoing off the walls as they sprinted towards the exit. Behind them, the zombies gave chase, their moans filling the air with dread.
They burst out into the daylight, their lungs burning as they ran for their lives. Lilian could feel the zombies closing in, their cold hands reaching out to grab her.
But then, just as all hope seems lost, they stumbled upon an abandoned car, the keys still in the ignition.

Without hesitation, they leaped inside, slamming the doors shut behind them as they peeled away from the horde. As they sped off into the distance, the realisation hit them both: they were survivors, and they would do whatever it took to stay alive.

With the grocery store disappearing in the rearview mirror, Lilian and Thomas let out a collective sigh of relief. The adrenaline coursing through their veins began to ebb, replaced by a bone-deep exhaustion.

They drove in silence for a while, the only sound the hum of the engine and the occasional groan of a zombie they passed by.
"We need to find a more secure location," Thomas said, breaking the silence. His eyes were fixed on the road ahead, scanning for any signs of danger.

Lilian nodded, her mind racing with possibilities. "Maybe we can find a fortified settlement, somewhere with other survivors."
They drove through the desolate city, the once bustling streets now eerily empty. Occasionally, they would catch glimpses of other survivors, huddled together in small groups, their eyes filled with fear and desperation.

As they neared the outskirts of the city, they spotted a towering wall stretching across the horizon, makeshift barricades manned by armed guards. It was a fortress, a beacon of hope in the midst of chaos.
"We need to get inside," Lilian said, her voice filled with determination.

Thomas nodded in agreement, his grip tightening on the steering wheel. They approached the gates cautiously, their hearts pounding in their chests as they waited for a response.

A guard emerged from the shadows, his weapon trained on them. "State your business," he demanded, his voice gruff.
"We're survivors," Thomas said, his voice steady. "We're looking for shelter and safety."

The guard studied them for a moment, his gaze unwavering. Then, finally, he lowered his weapon. "Welcome to Sanctuary," he said, stepping aside to let them pass.
As they entered the fortress, a sense of relief washed over them.

They had found refuge, a place where they could rebuild their lives amidst the chaos of the zombie apocalypse.
But little did they know, the challenges they would face inside the walls of Sanctuary would be just as daunting as those they had left behind.

For in a world overrun by the undead, survival was never guaranteed. And Lilian and Thomas would have to fight tooth and nail to ensure they lived to see another day.