KARMA CALLING

Wind blowing furiously, indicating the arrival of spring season, ending the winters with its own glory. The season holds many important events in it's  short span of existence. Holi - the festival of colours, Saraswati Puja - the festival of peace & progress and every students' first step towards their future that is the board exams.

Every year students get tensed or sad hearing the word, the only thing that keeps them excited during this phase is 'The farewell day'. Although it marks the end of their secondary education or school life before they start high school, still it's one of the most special day of every student.

Different schools have different ways to celebrate it. Some goes to picnic, whereas some juniors arrange a full fledged function for their out going seniors. A round of performances, speeches followed by some nonsensical awards are included.

Likewise, one of the prestigious schools of Kolkata, ATM was bidding bye to the batch 2024 of class 10. The school has two branches with all the three board's education; state board (WBBSE), CBSE & ICSE. For past 100 years this school stood up as one of the best co-ed school in the city. The quality of education does not match with slightly affordable fees, which has been it's speciality since a century.

Today being the farewell of the school, it was decorated with lights & other stuff. Students in school uniform rushing from one corner to the other making sure that everything is perfect for the function. Library filled with girls and boys in different clothes ready to set the floor on fire with their dance moves.

Gradually the main attraction of the ceremony, the class 10 batch started gathering in the school auditorium. Girls clad in beautiful sarees and suits whereas the boys carried Kurta with pyjamas and jeans. With mixed emotions bubbling inside their brains they took their seats anticipating the performances.

The students settled along with teachers and volunteers, the anchor clad in an organza saree asked for attention.

"Good morning everyone, I Shahida Sheikh of class 8 welcomes all the senior to the ATM farewell 2024 on the behalf of the all the students & teachers" claps rose around the auditorium until the gate flung open and their enters the sons of the investor Ahil Armani, Aman Armani with his half brother Advait Agnihotri. The duo surely stood out among everyone else but were poles apart.

Aman was Ahil's son with his legal wife Meghna Armani whereas Advait as his illegitimate son whose biological mother, Asha Agnihotri died in a car accident. After her death Meghna half - heartedly accepted him with sympathy.

While Aman was a perfect example of spoilt brat, Advait was a son every mother wished to have. Both being average student never had a competition in academics but Aman always had a thought that Advait is loved by his parents more than him. Initially when they were introduced, he pitied him for his destiny. But as time flew, Advait gained the respect and love from Ahil & Meghna with his polite and responsible behaviour.

As they both entered the auditorium girls started cheering. It wasn't something new for Aman, being the legal son of the investor he always got the attention he wanted from most of the people except her.

A teacher came towards them, knowing that they are the children of the biggest investor's sons the teacher didn't hesitate to scold them as instructed by their father himself. After scolding them for 10 mins she asked them to grab their seats.

Aman went and sat near his group of friends least interested in the show going on the stage. While Advait sat near the participants quietly without any interaction. He mostly stays alone without many friends, he has his own set of friends as similar as him.

Soon the program started with the welcome speech by the Principal and a few senior teachers before performances with different songs and themes but Aman was busy with his phone all while until Shahida, the anchor announced the best senior award in the female category.