"You should always tell someone where you are before coming here. So you'll be-"

A lady comes out of nowhere and she looks down at me. She's very pretty. I usually always see her around here. I thought she was a staff or something.

"hey Adora, come with me, i have a present for you."

Her voice is raspy, like she has been smoking since she was born.

"what's the present?" I love presents!!

"Baby, let's go."

Before i could get the chance to get my gift, Kiara takes my hand and makes me leave.

"i wanted my present!!"

"She wasn't going to give you one. She was lying."

Vernie's car parks right infront of us and Kiara puts me in the backseat before getting in the passenger. I still want my gift.

"where are we going?"

"Have you eaten today?"

"no."

Vernie drives to a McDonalds drive thru. I really don't want to eat but im hungry. After we go through the drive thru she hands me a happy meal. I've always loved McDonald's. I open it and take out the toy inside, it's Princess Peach from Mario! I haven't got this one before. She's so cute. But they didn't order anything.

"why didn't you order anything?"

"I don't eat fast food."

Well now i just feel fat.

"then..then why did you get me some?"

"Because you haven't eaten today."

How many calories are in this? I guess I'll just search it up later. I eat some of my fries, but that's it. I don't want to eat too much.

"your making me feel fat."

"I'm not trying to. And you're not fat, stop saying that."

"do you want me to lie?"

Kiara turns around and gives me a look. A look that screams 'don't talk back.' I'm quiet for the rest of the ride, nobody told me we were going to Kiara's house. I don't mind that much, I love her house. Her bed is so much more comfortable than my bed. And it smells like her.

We get out of the car and I'm tired from all of that walking and eating so I go upstairs and lay on her bed. Vernie comes in later and gives me pills and a sippy cup with water in it. It has a unicorn print on it, I love it. I take the pills and I was going to go to sleep but I don't want to have another nightmare and an accident. I go to the bathroom, lock the door, and stare at myself up close in the mirror.

Why do Kiara and Vernie even date me? I'm the most un-perfect person ever. I wish I was less like me. I used to think something was wrong with me because before I dated Marina, nobody wanted to date me. Now I know something is wrong with me, but I don't know what it is. Maybe my weight? Or how I act like a child? My face? My mind? My body shape? Maybe it's all of those things.

I pull up my sleeves and rip off the bandages from my wrists. Now it burns but that's the point. I didn't realize I was crying until someone wiggled the door knob. I wipe my tears, pulls down my sleeves, throw away the bandages and cover it with toilet paper.

"Baby, we don't lock doors."

I unlock and open the door. "sorry m-..Kiara."

"Don't do it again. What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

I reach my arms out to her and she picks me up. I wrap my legs around her waist and rest my head on her shoulder. She takes me to a room I've never seen before. It has a light yellow wallpaper with pastel balloons all over it, there's a closet full of clothes, a chest with toys in it, and there's a bed. It's a bed that looks like a toddler bed but it's bigger, for grown ups. Kiara sets me down on the pink, sheet covered mattress and puts the soft, pink covers over me.

"i don't want to sleep."

"Why? You need a nap."

"ill-ill have nightmares again." I can't live through the embarrassment of me peeing myself in my sleep.

"I'll read you a story, so you won't have them."

"okay."

She pulls out a drawer from the nightstand desk thing and hands me a pacifier. It's pink and glittery and has a unicorn on it, I kind of feel embarrassed but I feel like I need it right now. Then she pulls out another drawer and gets a book. As Kiara reads to me I feel my eyes closing.