"What did you mean before? About Nathan when you said be careful?" Haley questioned as she looked over at Ellie who sent her a smile smile and replied, " it's just that I've known Nathan since the second grade and he doesn't really have a great reputation when it comes to the girls he's been with. I just don't want to see you get hurt Haley. You're a good person and you don't deserve to be dragged into one of Nathan's games"

Peyton nodded her head in agreement with her blonde best friend and added in, " Look, we were crazy with drama, but I'm over it. He's not a complete waste. He just... he really threatened by Lucas. It could all just be a big mind game. That's how he works. Do you like him?" She curiously questioned only for Haley's eyes to widened as she shrugged her shoulders stuttering slightly trying to find her words, " oh, we just... talk about stuff, you know what I mean?"

"Like what?" Peyton inquired only for Haley to look at the two of them before letting out a sigh and told them, " like school or his dad" Peyton and Ellie both hummed especially when it comes to Dan Scott who's pressured Nathan ever since he could hold a basket ball, " Oh, Dan. Daddy sure did a number on his boy, right?" Haley nodded her head in agreement and added in, " Yeah, both of them"

"So, you didn't answer my question. Do you like him?" Peyton questioned with a smirk on her face looking at Haley as it was clear she was beginning to like Nathan but something was holding her back as she shook her head in response and told them, " it... it doesn't matter. I mean, it would be too weird around Lucas" Ellie rolled her eyes in response, " Haley, that's Lucas problem. He'll get over it eventually you can't help who you like and Lucas has no right to decide who you should or shouldn't be with that it your decision alone"

"You've got a life to live, too" Peyton trailed off agreeing with Ellie but Haley just shook her head in response once again and said, " it just seems kinda selfish" Peyton frowned in confusion tilting her head to the side, " why? Did he ask you if he could go out with Ellie?" Haley turned her attention to Ellie with her eyes widened in surprise as she didn't think he actually had the balls to ask her out, " did he ask you out?"

Ellie couldn't help but let out a laugh nudging Peyton in the side softy, " No. that's not the point! What's we're trying to say is that he wouldn't ask permission so why should you?" Peyton stayed silent for a couple of moments before she curiously asked, " would you say yes if he asked you out?" Ellie had a thoughtful expression on her face as she trailed off, " it depends. What song is playing? Am I in a good mood? Is he smiling when he asks? Or is he doing that goofy brooding thing he does"

Peyton, Ellie and Haley all laughed in amusement when the taller blonde nodded her head and added in, " oh, I think he's definitely doing the brooding thing" Ellie threw her head back giggling with the two girls as she pointed out, " he does it all the time" Haley smiled warmly at the two blondes as she would of never thought of hanging out with the most popular girls at school and that they weren't who she thought they were, " it's strange. Just... the night away from school and it feels like we actually live on the same planet"

"Life plays tricks on you like that" Peyton smiled as the three girls arrived at the gas station but all the lights were off and no one was there causing Ellie to run her hand through her hair in frustration, " Great. And no phone, so what are we gonna do now?" Ellie asked looking between Peyton and Haley who noticed a truck across from the gas station making their way over towards the truck, " So, what are you doing?"

"Um... here hold this" Haley handed Ellie the gas can before she took out a pocket knife making both Peyton's and Ellie's eyes widened, " or you'll stab us?" Ellie jokingly teased making Peyton let out a laugh at the small blonde only for Haley to smile in response and exclaimed, " A girl can't be too safe. Here, try and get that gas cap open will ya?" Peyton opened up the gas cap with furrowed brows as she looked up at Haley and curiously asked, " does this really work?"