(vi) tune jo na kaha

Start from the beginning

"Don't you think we should not keep this wonderful photographer here waiting for such a long time?" She asked, trying her best to hide the jealousy in her voice. Ruhani's parents chuckled at this and she gave a fake laugh too. How did I know it was fake, you'll ask? It's my experience of bearing her for years.

We broke the hug as she said this and then clicked a picture with the fakest smiles that this photograph might have spotted ever. That's because Ruhani didn't like her either. Back in school, it was almost like these two never stopped fighting one another indirectly. Why indirectly, though? Because she thought that confronting Ruhani was a waste of time.

"Now isn't this friend of yours a delight to be around?" She chuckled sarcastically as she sat down again and I did too. I dryly chuckled at this too. I see what you did there.

"Well she actually is unless you're on her bad side. Now, you aren't on her bad side, right?" I raised my eyebrows and spoke in a tone that will annoy the hell out of this girl. And, it did.

"In her dreams am I on any side of hers, she's the last thing I'd think about." She glared at me and rolled her eyes off at me.

Then, Priyanka and Lakshay, my two cousins or two boxes full of trouble, as I like to call them, walked up the stage and went towards their to-be sister-in-law. They're twins and children of my Bua Sa. They were to attend the Roka in the evening, but they apparently had their last college examination this morning.

"Hello, Bhabhi Sa," Priyanka spoke, approaching her for a handshake. The look on her face is enjoyable to see as Priyanka called her Bhabhi Sa. "This is Lakshay, my brother and I'm Priyanka. We're Bhai Sa's cousins" Priyanka looked at me and gave me the widest smile.

"We really wanted to come this morning, but you see, we had an examination in the morning so we couldn't come." Lakshay informed and then gave her a smile.

"Oh, is it? It's wonderful to see you guys now, then! I'm Inayat and you don't need to call me Bhabhi Sa or anything like that, just Inayat is fine." She told them with a sweet tone.

"Have you seen our mother? She'd kill us if we called you anything but that." Priyanka put an emphasis on the last word and then looked up for a second, gesturing as if they were going to be sacrificed if they didn't do so.

"Although, Bhabhi Sa, I must say, you're the luckiest woman I know," Lakshay commented and looked towards me as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You're probably the only lady who has seen Bhai Sa out of his dil-jala aashiq phase. He's been in that phase since God knows how long. But, now that you're here, both of us are sure that he'll be fine." Lakshay explained and then winked at me. What phase!? I did not go through ANY phase.

(Heart-burnt lover)

"Now, what phase are we talking about here?" She chuckled and gave me a mischievous glare as I pinched the slim area of my nose between my eyes.

"Laksh?" I tried to grab his attention.

"Yes, Bhai Sa?" Lakshay spoke in his cheeky voice and had a wide smile on his face.

"Why don't we keep this story for the next time we meet? We shouldn't keep the photographer waiting for us, now should we?" I glared at her as I spoke, and then looked at him, warning him to shut up right then and there. He understood.

"Yes, indeed. See you then, Bhabhi Sa." Lakshay said as he gave her a wink and both of them walked down the stage.

She waved at them as they walked away and it looked like the smile on her face was genuine, but who knows, she's the most fake person I've ever known. She can fake anything.