It was now time for all the guests to congratulate one by one and give us gifts and blessings, it's also called Thaka. This also meant I had to plaster a fake smile on my face. I knew he would know very well to do the same, he's been PR trained, goddamnit.

Some of both our relatives, uncles and aunts came and blessed us to stay a happy couple. Yashvi and Pranay too came ahead to congratulate us. Pranay gave me a gift-wrapped box and passed me a wide smile. But Yashvi, she just leaned in a little and spoke in a whispering tone.

"My gift for you will be a Friday night once you're done and have dealt with this wedding." She whispered and winked at me as I chuckled a little while covering my face. I looked at him and he looked confused as hell, but he didn't say anything. Why would he, wouldn't his ego be hurt? Who cares, anyways.

Everyone was done with giving us blessings, even our parents and siblings had done that now. Everyone was talking to each other while me and him were just awkwardly sitting next to each other. Why should I start a conversation? If he's feeling awkward, he will.

A few minutes later, Badi Rani Sa brought out a Chunni, red in color with intricate golden embroidery on it. While walking behind her, was my elder sister with another decorated gift hamper thing in her hands.

All the women of his family, aunts and cousins gathered around me as his mother opened the folded Chunni and placed it on my head. His paternal aunt then proceeded to rotate a five-hundred note around my head and gave it to her brother, Bade Rana Sa to give to someone needy.

Then, my sister, as the elder daughter in law of the house gave me that gift hamper thing, this time it had a saree, which was red too and bangles in it. She then also applied a Tilak on my forehead, again. I gave them all a wide smile. They all started giving me blessings, all related to my forthcoming married life obviously when I felt the Chunni on my head move a little.

I realized it was sliding down though it wouldn't fall on the ground because it would slide down to the side that he was sitting on. I couldn't do anything about it because I still had the gift hamper thing in my hand and all the women in front of me had their eyes on me.

He was sitting very close to me, so I slightly moved my leg to touch his leg to grab his attention. He looked at me and raised his eyebrows. I glanced at the imbalanced Chunni and then at all the women around me. It would cause a problem if it fell down right now. I hate asking him for help. He won't help me, he'll probably just make it worse.

I felt the Chunni falling more and he still hadn't done anything, it wasn't anything like he hadn't understood what I was trying to tell him. He is well aware and I could also feel him looking at me. I clenched my fists round the handles of the hamper, bracing myself to face the embarrassment of the Chunni falling from one side.

But then, I suddenly felt someone's touch on my hair, around where the Chunni had almost fallen. My eyes immediately went in his direction, it was him. He was fixing the Chunni. He properly adjusted the Chunni on my head and he went back after slightly touching my ear and it made me shiver. What are the chemicals in my body doing?

All his aunts, his mother, and his very dear Bhabhi Sa, started pretty much staring at him and so did everyone else who was sitting.

"Dekho, dekho, humara Advait kaisa heere jaisa hai. Abhi se apni mangetar ka kitna dhyaan rakh raha hai, shaadi ke baad toh kitna rakhega." One of his aunts stated, chuckling.

(See, see, pur Advait is like a diamond. He's taking so much care of fiancé since right now, how much care will he take after the marriage!)

"Arre Bua Sa, usme heero ki baat kaha se aayi? Yeh toh zimmedari hai meri." He said in a very sweet and cheeky tone and then looked at me.