Chapter 38 - She's One Of The Boys

Start from the beginning

“Stop glaring at me.” He muttered before turning around and leaning against the sink, folding his arms over as he looked my way. Dropping my glare I grabbed the fork he had given me and started stabbing my food. Stupid male, who does he think he is?

“You don't even like going to school.” He finally spoke up after a silent minute of watching me take my anger out on my breakfast which I now no longer had the appetite for.

“Yes I do.” I grunted, pushing my plate away and giving up on my mini attack.

“Since when?” came his smug reply.

“Since you don't want me going.” I smirked, knowing that comment would annoy him.

He groaned loudly with frustration, “Can you stop fighting me on everything?” he half demanded.

Standing up and pushing my back chair, I looked up and met his darkening eyes, “Not until you tell me exactly what is going on.” I muttered then walked away from the table and headed towards the front door, “Will you take me home to get changed or do I have to find my own way?”

“I’ll drive you.” He muttered and as I opened the front door, I heard him following behind me, keys jingling in his hand as I walked out of his house and over to the jeep.

“Yeah, my idea of a female only pack is sounding mighty fine right about now.” I mumbled to myself as I climbed into the car but naturally he heard like I knew he would.

“You still need an Alpha babe.” He smirked a little with a smug look.

Rolling my eyes, “Stop calling me a pig.”

Flashing Saxon a cheeky smile as I walked back out my front door with my school bag slung over one shoulder, he shot me another annoyed look – yeah, I was mean and made him wait in the car while I went and got changed. Jumping back into the passenger seat I looked over at him, “So, going to tell me now?” I asked, hoping he would.

He started the engine back up and glanced at me, “Put your seatbelt on.”

Frowning I turned back into my seat properly, “I'm a wolf you know, I will survive a crash.” I muttered grudgingly.

A small chuckle escaped his mouth, “Yeah but knowing you, you will also hold a grudge against me until I die that I crashed with you in the car.”

Screwing my face up and mimicking him, “So would not.” I grumbled and turned the radio on, figuring he wasn’t going to tell me since he not so subtly changed the topic within seconds and I couldn’t be bothered arguing with him anymore – it gets exhausting after awhile.

“I don't know if the rogues will actually be stupid enough to come here but apparently they are making their way in our direction.” His voice broke out over top of the soft music.

Turning my head to look at him with a curious expression, “Worried you can’t take them?”

He growled loudly and defensively before shooting me a brief nasty look then turned back to face the road, “No.” He snapped angrily, wow, I guess I touched a nerve, “Eva, you know I'm not known for being a nice and caring leader – that kind of behaviour builds a reputation and what’s a better way to tell everyone you’re a force to be reckoned with than attack a pack like mine?”

I had no idea, attack another pack just as strong?

“I still don't see how this has anything to do with me or my pack. If they are trying to prove a point then why would they even bother with us – like you said, we’re not a very big pack.” I muttered, hating to admit that small point but it was true. We didn’t have enemies, we didn’t start fights with other packs, and we kept to ourselves and lived our lives the way we wanted to.