Chapter 30 - Feeling of Loss

Start from the beginning

रिश्ते निभाने वाले छोड़ कर जाने के बहाने नही ढूंढते
जब हालात तुम्हे भागने को मजबूर कर दे असलियत से।
सिर्फ एक वजह ढूंढो रुकने के लिए
उस वजह को चुनकर कोई ऐसा हल निकालो।
जब आगे चलकर समय की किताब में
पलटो पन्ने आज के तो मन में कोई शिकवा न हो ।

Somehow her words provided me courage to meet her. I was determined its okay even if she not forgive me today. I am not gonna give up and earn her apology anyhow. I am not gonna let this friendship end. I started my cars engine and started my journey to her place. In entire car drive I was thinking of my ways to pacify her. There was a feeling of nervousness and fear within me.
Finally I reached her home. As I entered her home. The sight which I saw horrifies me till today. I wish I could go back to time and change everything which happened that day. I saw Nitya standing on cliff of terrace. It didn't took me a second to understand what she is up to. I quickly moved from my place and ran towards her. But before I could reach her. She jumped from there.Within a span of seconds, she was on the ground in front of my eyes. With in a moment, a pool of blood immersed around her. My body froze for a moment seeing her in that state. A shiver ran down my spine with an racing heartbeat. I quickly moved to the place where she was lying in an unconscious state. I placed her head on my lap and screamed her name on top of my lungs. Tears were rolling my eyes. Soon her family members arrived there. I quickly picked her up in arms and rushed back to my car. Her sister was with us and her parents were in another car. I quickly started the engine and placed her backseat. I kept requesting her, " Nitya please aakhein kholo. Itna naraaz mat ho.Mein maafi mangna aaya hu tumse. Ek baar baat to karo.Agar tumhe kuch ho gaya to mar jaunga mein. Tumhare bina jeena hi nahi aata mujhe ". We quickly reached the hospital and I yelled at the staff who was not caring about her condition , " Agar meri isse kuch bhi hua tha to ye hospital ko namo nishan mita dene mein mujhe ek minute nahi lagna, treat her right now ". Shriti (her sister) asked me to calm down. They took her in operation theatre. I was sitting on a metallic bench there while my head was caged between my palms. My shirt was soaked in her blood. I was not horrified that my clothes are drenched in blood what horrified me was the fact that its her blood. If anyone deserve punishment it was me not her. I wished if that day someone's life is to be taken it should be mine but not hers. Every single moment she was in operation theatre was a hell to me. Finally doctor came out of O.T. Her father quickly asked , " Ab kaisi hai wo? ".
Doctor said ," Injury bahut serious hai.Blood flow bhi kafi ho gaya hai. Agle 24 hours unke liye bahut critical hai ". Nitya's mother broke into cries and fell on her knees at ground. Her father tried to counsel her even though he is same broken as she was. But he knew his wife and daughter needed her. My palms turned sweaty.

After two hours , the doctor said ," Unko hosh aa gaya hai , aap mil sakte hai unse". First her parents decided to meet her after 20 minutes they came back. Then I went there she was lying there on hospital bed. I sat near her and spoke in a slow voice , " Nitya ". She said , " Bahut jaldi aa gaye ". I replied , " Agar pata hota ki tum ye kar logi to shayad jata hi nahi ".
She said in a disappointing tone , " Par tum chale to gaye na, mujhe nahi pata ki tum ab bhi kyu aaye ho ". I replied , " Apni uss dost ko waapis pane jisko mein khona nahi chahta ". She spoke in a heavy voice ," Kho to mujhe diya hai tumne ". Shriti entered the room, she was in utter shock seeing her sister binded in bandaids. She broke into sobs. I tried to counsel her by gently rubbing her back and engulfing her in a hug. Nitya spoke , " Shriti tumhe yaad hai na mein ek diary likhti hu roz shaam ko, wo Aarav ko de dena ". Shriti said , " Par di wo to aap mujhe bhi touch nahi karne dete the ". Nitya spoke , " Ye samajh lo wo Aarav ki hi amanat thi ".