vi. daggers and liars

Start from the beginning

"Right." Alaric nodded, not liking the two Originals humor one bit.

***

Alaric had left after the tour and Jenna wanted to take Elijah and Emaline out to eat at the grill. Damon, Alaric and Andy Starr were at the grill as well. "Ah, there's Jenn with her new boyfriend and his best friend." Damon said amused as he saw the three of them walk in.

Jenna noticing Damon walked over to the table — Elijah and Emaline right by her side. "Hey guys!" Jenna smiled.

"So I hear you three had quite a meeting of historical mind today." Damon looked at Elijah and Emaline.

Jenna shrugged. "Yeah, I guess you could say that."

Alaric sighed. "Well, as much as I'd love to continue this I, uh, I've got papers to grade." And Alaric got up placing money on the table. But then stopped once Damon's girlfriend began speaking.

"No, you know what? We should continue this." Andy Start gasped. "Let's have a dinner party."

The Salvatore looked at his new girlfriend. "Ooh, my girl. Full of good ideas." Damon turned to Jenna, Elijah, Emaline, and Alaric. "I'll be happy to host. So tonight. Maybe?"

"I don't know if tonight work—" Alaric began to speak.

Jenna nodded quickly. "Yeah, I'm free."

Emaline shrugged. "Yeah, I would love to."

"It'll be a pleasure." Elijah spoke.

Damon nodded at the two Originals. "Great."

***

Damon was currently in the tomb trying to get Katherine up as she was all grey from having no blood. "Good girl." He coaxed when she started to drink the blood. "I've come bearing gifts." He then gave Katherine the bottle when she was finally strong enough to hold it herself. "I didn't have time to properly shop but I did get a couple of things." Damon pulled out a black and red dress and then setting it down on the tomb floor. "Hmm? Wow, that blood did the trick." Damon looked at Katherine as she downed the whole bottle. "You're almost pretty again."

Katherine sighed. "What is it you want, Damon?"

"Guess who's back in town?" Katherine didn't respond. "Your old friend, John Gilbert."

Katherine raised her brows. "Really. Why?"

"He says he loves his daughter. Wants to protect her from Elijah and big, bad Emaline and Klaus." Damon explained to the woman.

"Touching."

"Yeah, right?" Damon took a deep breath before speaking again. "He told me this old wives tale about how to kill an Original."

Katherine getting the strength to stand up did. "And you want to know if it's true. If it was, I wouldn't tell you."

"Now, why not?" Damon looked at Katherine as she walked over to the dresses. "I mean you want Elijah, Klaus, and Emaline dead as much as I do."

"Klaus and Elijah, yes. Emaline, no." Katherine responded. "She's compelled me to stay in here. If she dies, I'm stuck forever."