Austrian Grand Prix 🇦🇹

Authors note: I don't know any German so I've had to use google translate, so if anything is wrong please let me know in the comments so I can correct it, thanks 😁😁

Matilda's POV
2020 what a year it has been, it's been full of ups and downs, when Covid hit, me and Lando had to isolate together in his house in Woking which for us as a couple was great as it allowed us to become a lot closer but it did have its toll on my mental health, not being able to see my family. Especially because we couldn't even celebrate Mick's 21st birthday with him. I also had to spend my 19th birthday in lockdown, but I didn't mind as it's not a really important birthday to me. Lando did not really mind lockdown as he spent most of it doing sim work and streaming on Twitch with George, Charles and Alex. Another one of the good things is that I found out my best friend Victoria is pregnant with a little boy. One of the annoying things about Covid is that the entire F1 season got rearranged, meaning that the first F1 race of the season will be today, the 5th of July at the red bull ring in Austria.
walking into the paddock was super weird not having it filled with fans but I guess that is the new normal for a while. Lando qualified p4 yesterday so I'm confident that he'll get a podium, even if he doesn't I'll still feel very proud of him. "How are you feeling about the race, it must feel really weird after such a long break", I say to Lando as we walk to the McLaren hospitality, "I'm feeling confident, I just hope the car performs well", he says sighing, "well so long as you try your best it doesn't really matter you'll still be a winner in my eyes", "I love you so much darling" he says giving me a kiss, "I love you even more" I say returning the kiss. I made sure my mask was on and I walked over to the Ferrari hospitality, "hallo Bas" I said as I walked in "Hallo Tilly" he said hugging me, "Wie geht es Ihnen heute?" (How are you feeling about today) I ask, "Gut, ich hoffe nur, dass ich in der Lage sein werde, das Auto in die Punkte zu bringen" (Good I just hope that I will be able to get the car into the points), "Du kannst es auf jeden Fall tun, du bist ein 4-facher Weltmeister, erinnere dich" (You can definitely do it your a 4 time world champion remember), "Ich liebe deine Begeisterung, Tilly" ( I love your enthusiasm Tilly) Seb say laughing, "Okay, Bas, ich gehe zurück zu McLaren, damit ich Lando kurz vor dem Rennen wieder sehen kann" (Okay Bas I'm going to head back to McLaren so that I can see Lando again just before the race), "Okay, Tilly, bis später" (okay Tilly see you later). With that I walked back to the McLaren garage to give Lando a few more words of encouragement, "hey liebling, you ready to finally race again" I say as I hug Lando, "ready as I'll ever be" he says chuckling, "remember what I said, your going to do great okay" I tell him, "I'm going to do great" he says repeating my words, "that's the spirit" I say laughing, "now hurry up and get into that car before your race engineer drags you into it" I say pushing him slightly towards his car, "okay I'm going", he says laughing but not before giving me another kiss. The entire race I was praying that Lando would do well so when he finished 3rd I couldn't stop jumping up and down from excitement, due to Covid only me and a few McLaren personnel were allowed to greet him at the parc ferme, once he was out of his car he crouched down by the sign and held up three fingers and I made sure to take a picture, he came over and gave me a hug and I whispered "I knew you could do it liebling" and he replied "all thanks to your encouragement" he gave all the McLaren personnel a few high-fives and hugs before standing on the makeshift podium, the Finnish national anthem was played for the race winner Valtteri Bottas and I watched as they handed out the trophies making sure I got a few pics, once they finished spraying the champagne Lando made sure to give me a very sticky hug, but I didn't mind as I just loved seeing him so happy. I then went to see Seb in the Ferrari garage whilst Lando had to do his interviews, "Siehst du, ich habe dir gesagt, dass du in die Punkte kommen könntest" (you see I told you that you could get into the points) I said as I hugged Bas, "Ja, du hast Tilly gemacht, es scheint, dass du die Zukunft vorhersagen kannst" (Yes you did Tilly it seems that you can predict the future) Seb says whilst laughing, "Vielleicht sollte mich jeder eine weise Eule nennen" (Maybe everyone should call me a wise owl), I say with a grin, "Ich liebe einfach deinen Humor, Tilly" ( I just love your humour Tilly) Seb's says whilst trying to keep a straight face, "Ich weiß genau, ich bin wie die lustigste Person der Welt" (I know right I'm like the funniest person in the world), "Ich würde gerne so wahnhaft sein wie du eines Tages Tilly" (I would love to be as delusional as you are one day Tilly), "Wie unhöflich" (how rude) I say holding my hands to my chest to seem overly dramatic, "Wir sehen uns später, Tilly, weil ich jetzt zu meinen Interviews gehen und Lando auch sagen muss, dass ich gut gemacht habe." (I'll see you later Tilly because I have to go to my interviews now and also tell Lando I said well done), "Keine Sorge, ich werde" (don't worry I will) I say as I walk off to meet back up with Lando, once he's done for the day we decide to go back to the hotel, just order room service and relax so I decide to make and instagram post to show just how proud I am of Lando.

When Unexpected Things Happen