Chapter 6 - AR LIVE SPECIAL CELEBRATION

AR LIVE happened and I am writing this while being very sleep deprived. I don't have the strength to come up with a cool summary like usual because truly figuring out summaries is hard, okay? Just know I am not doing okay and I am still very emotional over everything. And because, whether you watched it or not, you probably know Uki and Ike had a duet together (this is not grammatically correct but I have no idea of where I was going when writing this before proof-reading so whatever). Honestly, they all talked about everything now so I don't think I'll be outing anything.

~~~

A psychic and a novelist were talking to each other backstage, away from everyone else, getting ready to head out and start recording their actual performances for the AR Live Concert. They were both as anxious as one could be, clearly not mentally prepared for this whole show. They had rehearsed for days - weeks even - but it still felt like they weren't ready at all. And they had lots of big surprises for the fans, as well as a big surprise together.

"This is actually happening, Uki." Ike's eyes widened as he said those words, realisation dawning upon him. He felt a rush of panic flow through him and immediately went in for a hug with his lover. "We are actually about to perform for real."

Uki held him close, soothing him softly with their hands in his hair. They were just as anxious, but they were more used to this all than Ike was, and so they took it on themselves to help him out. Plus, comforting their boyfriend would be comforting them as well.

"Ike," they said, placing their hands on his cheeks gently, making him look up at them, "keep your eyes on me, and listen to me." Ike nodded, placing his own hands over Uki's. "You've been working so damn hard for today, nothing will go wrong. And remember that it's not live, so we can always have a retake if you don't feel satisfied. Regardless, fans will be thrilled just to see us live."

Ike turned his head to the side and kissed Uki's palm softly, heaving a soft sigh. "I love you so much, Uki," Ike muttered against the other's skin, giving it a second kiss, "you have no idea how much."

"Oh, I know how much," Uki responded with a cheeky smile, "because I love you even more than that." And Ike knew he could never win this stupid game against Uki because the psychic would never let him win regardless. "Anyway, let's go see the girls' performance, yeah? I'm pretty sure we're already missing LazuLight."

They parted and left the backstage room, entering the stage room, seeing Elira and Finana singing Diamond City Lights, and Ike immediately felt tears form in his eyes. Uki was however unable to hold him close to him anymore as everyone else was there in the room, and still no one knew about them. And so they walked to the rest of the boys watching, and Ike was soon being comforted by Vox, leaving Uki to feel slightly jealous.

The whole show went by, with the boys cheering for the girls loudly. Ike ceased to cry half-way through, and Uki felt more at ease from then on. He knew it was a happy cry, but it didn't mean Uki wasn't feeling bad about it, especially when he was unable to hold him as he cried in his arms and on his shoulder.

Then finally came the boys' turn, opening with Ike's original song "MAZE". The man's nerves calmed down the moment he started singing. Everything felt perfect, everything was going according to plan. He wasn't doubting himself anymore, because he knew Uki wasn't far from him anyway. And he sang his heart out.

Uki, backstage, was looking at the screen filming the stage, his eyes filled with love and admiration for the man he loved so dearly. If anyone had noticed, they didn't say a word - and, honestly speaking, in that instant, Uki didn't give a damn about that. He was just so proud of Ike, and he'd show it to everyone, regardless of their relationship.