II

Sun-kissed confession

II

A young teenager, with a determined look on her face, jogs into the crowd-filled streets, colliding with numerous individuals along the way. The impact of her hurried pace sends a ripple effect through the busy pedestrians, causing a few to stumble and one of them to exclaim loudly in her direction.

As she quickly navigates around a short corner, she unexpectedly collides with a man, causing him to stumble and take a sudden, awkward fall. The impact of the collision causes his neatly tailored suit and tie to become disheveled and ill-fitted, presenting an uncharacteristically unkempt appearance. Startled by the incident, she immediately offers a sincere apology, regretting her actions.
As the man gathers himself up, he stood there with a smile on his face, and calmly expressed his struggle in finding the elusive Orlande Ave.
Oprah, moved by guilt and compassion, took it upon herself to guide him to his destination.
It was during this walk that she discovered his blindness, which struck a chord in her heart.
Feeling overwhelmed by his resilience in the face of burden, Oprah found herself apologizing profusely for not being more attentive and considerate.
However, the man, displaying wisdom beyond his years, graciously shrugged off her apologies and began recounting tales from his past, including a daring escape from the FBI.
He assures her that making mistakes is part of being human, as he too once made mistakes but became a better human by accepting them.
He explains that he had to acknowledge and embrace his blindness, which caused him to find a sense of solace that allowed for him to move forward in life without the weight of guilt.

In a casual moment, he lightens the mood by sharing a joke about a character from a movie
with Oprah, who finally remained at ease throughout their conversation.
Their shared laughter added a touch of warmth to the encounter.
Time came quick and As they reached the café on; orlande ave, they paused, sharing a genuine laugh at his quip before parting ways, him wishing her a pleasant day ahead.

Upon returning to her house, she wearily trudged up the stairs, her mind turbulent with a flurry of unanswered questions that seemed to materialize out of thin air.
Once inside the comforting confines of her room, these persistent inquiries followed her like shadowy apparitions, refusing to dissipate. As she sank onto her bed, propped up against plush pillows, she closed her eyes and allowed the weight of her thoughts to envelop her. Memories of her and Emily as children's resurfaced, a time marked by innocence and simplicity.
The room, now awash in the soft glow of the evening light filtering through the curtains, became a sanctuary for her racing mind.

One question stood out like a sore thumb; whether her feelings towards Emily extend beyond mere friendship to something more intimate.

Doubts started to linger as to whether Emily has become different over the years or has perhaps moved away from here.
The uncertainty of Oprah's mind, stirred a sense of unease and apprehension.

Despite the nagging doubts that swirled in her mind, she decided to push past her fears to take the decisive step of dialing the number.
As Oprah came down to the last number her thumb hovered just above the digital screen, The soft glow of the device casting a warm reflection on her face, and showcased her lips trembling involuntarily.
The room is filled with a tense silence, broken only by the soft hum of electronic devices and the sound of her gentle exhales.
Her eyes remain fixed on the screen, her brow slightly furrowed in apprehensive.
Her thumb begins its descent towards the screen, the beginning of a new chapter.

The phone ringed a few times and echoed through the room...

                                             𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵, unknown.