Chapter Two - Officer Friendly

AN - Hello! So this chapter is pretty long, some will be super short some will be super long, I like to leave my writing in a spot where I start off again at a different scene, it's just a personal preference in my weird little brain. I hope you enjoy!

- T

"Hey, are you alive in there?" Glenn asked. Foster ducked back down from where she had been watching the tank, crouching beside Glenn.

"Hello?" a panicked voice responded, "Hello?"

"There you are. You had me wondering," Glenn answered, smiling broadly at Foster who gave him a happy thumbs up. Foster grinned wildly, her eyes lighting up.

"Where are you? Outside? Can you see me right now?" the man asked, his voice a mix of panic and hesitation.

"Yeah, I can see you," Glenn answered, standing up to look over the edge of the building, "you're surrounded by walkers. That's the bad news."

"There's good news?" The man quizzically asked. Foster snorted, standing beside Glenn, her eyes landing back on the swarm of walkers that still surrounded the tank.

"No," Glenn said bluntly, his lips pursing into a fine line as he watched the walkers claw at the tank.

"Listen, whoever you are, I don't mind telling you I'm a little concerned in here," the man sighed. Foster's face contorted lightly, just a little concerned?

"Oh man. You should see it from over here. You'd be having a major freak-out," Foster quipped as Glenn held the radio out to her. There was a brief pause before the man spoke again.

"Got any advice for me?" the man asked, his voice raspy.

"Yeah, I'd say make a run for it," Glenn said nonchalantly, holding the radio between him and Foster. There was a longer pause before the man spoke again. Foster looked up to Glenn, he shrugged over to her, a look of concern stuck to his face.

"That's it? "Make a run for it"?" the man snorted. Foster nodded to herself, fighting the urge to roll her eyes. What else was he gonna do? Dig a hole underneath the damn tank like a cartoon character?

"Our way's not as dumb as it sounds," Foster shot back, "you've got eyes on the outside here. There's one geek still up on the tank but the others have climbed down and joined the feeding frenzy where the horse went down. With us so far?" Glenn nodded as the younger girl spoke, his attention flicking between the tank and her. Foster swallowed nervously, praying to whoever was listening that she wasn't going to get this guy killed.

"So far," the man quickly replied.

"Okay, the street on the other side of the tank is less crowded. If you move now while they're distracted, you stand a chance," Glenn explained, "Got ammo?"

"In that duffel bag I dropped out there, and guns. Can I get to it?" the man asked, his voice almost desperate. Glenn looked to where the bag and its contents were splayed out across the street. Foster's eyes snapped to the swarm of walkers ambling around the street, it would be impossible. She pursed her lips and shook her head, looking back to Glenn.

"No way he could," she whispered. Glenn nodded silently in agreement.

"Forget the bag, okay? It's not an option. What do you have on you?" Glenn asked.

"Hang on," the man muttered before the air went silent.

"Do you think this is a good idea?" Foster asked quietly, looking at Glenn. Her wariness for strangers had only been amplified since the apocalypse started. Glenn shrugged, reaching over to place a comforting hand on the girl's shoulder.