Thirty-Two: "𝙎𝙤𝙛𝙩."

ابدأ من البداية

Mayella almost subconsciously kisses my cheek when I stuff her face in the crook of my neck. Wrapping a blanket around the both of us, I sigh in exhaustion. I really want five damn kids with this person.

Five kids.

"A-a-achoo!"

"Oh no, I got some of it on Mr. Jones. Sorry."

"My cheeks also hurt. Ow."

"Would he feel it if I bite..."

Continuous mumbling sounds out from around me, my body feeling warm and my back comfortable. Shit, this feels so good. I realize that I'm laying on my stomach and lazily lift my head, or try to, before noticing that a certain someone is lying on my back while going on her damn phone.

Mayella uses my neck as a pillow and continues scrolling through gifs to send to her friends. I lift my body up using my hands, which results in a high-strength push up. She's finally gaining some weight. A yelp sounds out when she's flipped over, an 'owie' coming out of her pretty mouth.

"You're supposed to be asleep."

"Good morning babycakes, I love you more too. Which one's cuter?" She shows me two gifs, one of a man with rainbows over his head and one of a dancing banana, both displaying a good morning message. I choose the banana because she shouldn't be cooing other men.

Mayella giggles when I lift our hoodie to rest my head on her stomach, bringing it back down so the sun stays out of my eyes. She's so damn warm. Oh fuck, I almost forgot.

"You feeling fine?" I murmur, getting up to grab the thermometer because she gets all flustered when I use my mouth. My eyes catch a clean shirt and I put it on, Mayella's scent very apparent on the fabric. She says it's part of her weekly 'Maya-marking'.

Mayella hums and sets her phone down, getting on the bathroom counter so I can check her temperature. She tries to kiss me but I shake my head, knowing she'll cry and blame herself if I get sick. She would also get really fucking protective. Hm, tough decision.

"I'm still sleepy though," She mutters, lifting the hoodie up to show me her stomach and points to it.

"The tummy is also a bit empty so I'm hungry too. I could sleep while I eat.." Mayella tiredly falls against me, sneezing again.

"You need to get some rest. I'll get you breakfast." I kiss her slightly cooler forehead thrice, and then once more because I miss the feel of her skin. She yawns when I lift her into my arms after tying her hair in a loose bun so it doesn't hurt her head.

Placing her on the bed, I send Dan a text, asking if he's close yet. Dan has severe OCD and I know how difficult it gets when he travels. He's only ever comfortable in his own house- or trailer.

It's the only reason why I go to Canada whenever I want to meet him. Even if it means leaving Mayella for a few days. Dan's like an uncle to me and I respect him, no matter how many cheeseburgers he likes to eat in an hour.

"Dan's coming over now, right babycakes?" Mayella drawls out lazily, poking my cheek to get my attention away from the phone. I hum and sit on the edge of the bed, ensuring that she's covered and warm. So damn soft.

"Make sure you're not making a mess, okay? He won't like that. A website said that you shouldn't bring it up or make any remarks. Not like you would anyways." She kisses my hand, her eyes wandering around the room as she tries to remember more things.

"Oh, also tell him that he's free to rearrange anything he wants and do anything that can help calm him. I'm not sure which type he has, but whatever it is, make him feel safe. I don't think they like clumsy sick people very much so just send me a text if you need help. Oh and I made some cookies, they're on the kitchen counter- in the blue box. Don't let the crumbs fall everywhere like you always do. Let him know that I think what he's done for the community is amazing too! He can take any cookies home if he wants to. If you're using the meeting room, use the penguin glasses we got. That makes everyone feel more comfortable..." Her head leans further on the pillow, honey eyes drifting shut.