𝟎𝟏. 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧

┌────── ∘°❖°∘ ──────┐

𝐋𝐀𝐒 𝐕𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐒
𝟑𝟔 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐑

└────── °∘❖∘° ──────┘

"𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊. 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐘. 𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐔𝐒. 𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐓. Even from an early age, the son of legendary weapons developer Howard Stark quickly stole the spotlight with his brilliant and unique mind."

"Brilliant my ass." Lucia Stark muttered under her breath, her eyes rolling to the side at the thought of how they were describing her brother. Before arriving to the awards ceremony, Lucy had promised herself to not make a fuss or scene about the presentation, but hearing it in person, she had to immediately break the promise. "How about we tell them about the time he blew up the garden with his rocket experiment when we were kids." She chuckled, nudging her younger brother in the side. Richard had to suppress his laughter at his sister's question as the voice over continued.

"At age four, he built his first circuit board. At age six, his first engine."

Lucy sighed. She leaned forward in her chair as the presentation went on, chin resting on her open palm. She was disappointed to say the least about the whole thing. First, the Stark's eldest sibling Julianna would not be attending due to personal matters. Second, she and the rest of her family would most likely only get a footnote in the presentation. And third, Obadiah and Bartholomew Stane were lapping up the laughter and applause from around the room. To say she hated them was an understatement. The brothers had all but stolen her birthright from under her feet when her father Howard had died. With her brother going AWOL, she was meant to take on the responsibility of running Stark Industries. She knew the ins and outs of that company like riding a bike, and yet these outsiders took it from her, claiming she was too young for such a responsibility. That was clearly a cover-up though. Most likely what Obadiah wanted to say was 'She's a woman. It won't look good to have a young impressionable woman running such a prestigious company'. The amount of times Lucy had cursed the Stane name under her breath, she'd lost count by now.

"With our help!" Alessandro Carbonell snapped Lucy out of her thoughts and brought het straight back to the sight in front of her. "When do we get the credit for this shit?"

Lucy sighed again. Alex had a point, but when you grew up in the prodigal son's shadow, you get used to it. There was really no use in fighting a patch of darkness. "You're not an official Stark in the eyes of the public unfortunately, and Richie and I are stuck in the shadow of the great Tony Stark.", 'And I'm a woman' Lucy desperately wanted to add, but there was really no point. The boys already knew that fact. She leaned back into her chair after responding to her cousin, arms folding across her chest in the process. She loved her brother, she did, but it was difficult growing up in the limelight of it all. And yet despite all that, she still wouldn't have changed a thing.