Best Friend - Oscar Piastri

Start from the beginning

"what crush? I don't have a crush on Oscar." You were took back, they laughed. "why are you laughing? I'm serious!" You said.

"if you're so serious, why are you so worried of him finding out that you're 'dating'?" They asked, you frowned, they walked to the food you were cooking an snatched a bite, you slapped their arm.

"don't touch the food yet! and I'm not worried because I like him? I'm worried because he might think I don't trust him anymore." You said looking away, Andy knew how to read your body language and knew you were lying deep down.

"so you do like him?" They asked snatching another bite for which you slapped them again. "fuck! why is your hand so heavy?" They rubbed their arm.

"stop saying I like Oscar, he's my best friend and not more than that!" You said and shoved them out of the way to keep cooking, Andy shrugged and accepted the fact that you will never accept the fact.

Oscar when the call cut off had stared at the phone with his brows furrowed confused by what had happened, you seemed so nervous in the call once that 'someone' had entered the room and called you 'honey' at the same time, it took him off guard to say the least, he did think you were dating someone and felt slightly betrayed but there was another lingering feeling there that didn't quite piece back into his mind or, to say, his heart, he grabbed the phone and checked if his battery hadn't ran out and it hadn't it was barely hanging on to the 10% he had seen before he said goodbye, it was just so out of character for you to have reacted in such way.

was that someone you're dating...?

Oscar stared at the typed message thinking, maybe it could come out the wrong way if he sent that, so he deleted it quickly and plugged his phone into the charger before he laid down in the bed and stared at the ceiling letting his mind run wild thinking what if you were in fact dating someone...

Why didn't you tell him you were dating someone? had the years of not seeing each other hit already? but how in the world had he missed an important detail of your love life then? Had you already lost trust in him like he had feared the past two years? or was it all just in his mind...?

In the morning, Oscar had turned immediately to grab his phone and check if you had messaged him already, but there was no sign of you which meant you probably had gone to sleep while respecting the fact that Oscar was asleep, he stared at the previous messages you and him had exchanged before and started scrolling back to then tap on the bar to text you and stare at the keyboard for a few seconds before typing.

morning:) can I ask you something?

He pressed send and sat up in the bed after leaving the phone with the screen turned off and facing down in the night table beside him, he massaged his eyes and looked around the hotel room where he was staying while he prepared for the next race, he knew it might take hours before he even had the chance of talking to you again so he decided to not sit around and call his trainer to begin practicing for the race.

"oh man, what happened? rough night?" His trainer asked once they met in the gym, Oscar rolled his eyes and sighed.

"I had a pretty good night, I'm just not in a happy-happy mood, mate." He said, later Lando had entered the gym and asked the same question but in a more upbeat tone. "why are you asking?" Oscar asked back confused.

"you have a massive frown mate! You look like you're pissed with everyone around you and also you're working out like you want to beat up someone." Lando pointed out.

"well, I'm not pissed with anyone." Oscar cleared.

"trouble in paradise with the missus?" Lando teased, Oscar frowned even more now.