𝒗𝒊𝒊. a chicken coop and a lighthouse

━━━━━━━━━━━━
daphne monroe 𝒙 kiara carrera

 a chicken coop and a lighthouse━━━━━━━━━━━━❛ daphne monroe 𝒙 kiara carrera ❜

i've got a lot of sins, but
you're my favourite.
- bad idea,, dove cameron

(season 1 episode 2)

word count; 6,500+

"AND THEN WE WERE RIGHT outside like this," JJ recounts to Pope and Kiara now that they're all back at the Château, the rooster crowing in the distance. "And all we hear is just, "Bam! Bam! Bam!" Knocking paint off the wall, G! From the inside." JJ's leaning against the wall, recreating their exact position. "All right? And I'm just looking at them, like—" In a split second he's sidetracked and rushing up in front of Kiara and Pope to shake out his hair. "Wait, first off, look at this shit. Look at it."

               "That's dandruff," Kiara mutters softly, grimacing at her blond friend. "It's disgusting."

               "Okay, thank you," Pope states sarcastically, and JJ takes it as his signal to return back where he was.

               "Look at all that. All right?" JJ says, pointing at the flecks of paint that are now sitting on the ground. Honestly, Daphne's not too sure he ever managed to calm himself down from what they just saw. The way his hair stands up messily, and the way he pants nonstop doesn't paint a very . . . sane picture. "That's paint. At that point, I was just, like— I'm waiting for death."

               "Oh, okay, so you saw the guys that shot at us, right?"

               "Daphne nods, sitting further in her seat. "Yeah."

               "Did you get a good description of them?" Pope asks, getting straight to the point. "What did they look like? Anything we can bring to a police report?"

               For a split second, JJ looks out towards the chicken coop, and Daphne convinces herself the next words out of his mouth are going to be smart as well as helpful. Then, he looks back, and says, "Burly."

               "Burly?"

               "Yeah. You know, like—"

               "That's not very helpful."

               "Okay, well, no, like the type of guy at my dad's garage," JJ rushes out, trying his best to be helpful in this high stress situation. "I mean, you guys know he made cargo hides for drug smugglers."

               "Yeah. Yes," Kiara confirms, nodding. "No, we know."

               Daphne clasps her hands together. "We remember, J."