The Nightmare and the Reality

SMG3 slowly opened his eyes, finding himself to be standing in what seemed to be a completely dark room.
...

"Ugh.. What the fuck.." He mumbled, his eyes darting around to try and get a sense of where he was. "Why is it so dark? Meggy? Are you there? This isn't funny!" He said, annoyed. But after a few seconds, he could tell something was wrong. He couldn't even see one wall. "Meggy..? Seriously, if this is some sort of prank i swear to–" he cut off his sentence abruptly, as he had spotted something that looked like a figure in the distance. But it didn't look like Meggy. His body froze up, but his feet started moving all on their own. It was like he was being drawn towards this mystery figure by an unseen force.

It had felt like he had been walking forever, but either he wasn't moving or the figure just kept getting farther away. But he wouldn't give up, Atleast, his body didn't want to. He quickened his pace, running towards the figure, and now, it actually seemed to be getting closer. He was making progress. Soon he was close enough that SMG3 could recognize it's face. he slowed down to a complete stop as he finally saw "it." Just inches away stood SMG4, Who had his back turned towards him. His eyes widened, his expression changing from determination, to fear and confusion in just one second. "SMG4?.." He stretched his hand out towards him, but now, his feet had decided not to move. He felt like he was standing in Quicksand. After a few minutes of silence, 4 turned his face towards him, The look in his eyes of pure hatred as a tear ran down his cheek. "SMG3?.." 4 said, but his voice rather sounded like a mimicry, which sent shivers down 3's spine. It sounded like 4, but it also didn't in a way.

"Come on man, just stop this nonsense–" SMG3 said with a quavering voice, trying his hardest to reach for him. He got so close– but it wasn't enough. SMG4 just stared at him with that same look "Stop trying, 3." he said, his voice monotone "stop trying to save me." He continued. 3 was on the verge of tears "what the fuck are you talking about man?" He hissed.
..
...
"You're too late." SMG4 smiled.

SMG3 awoke with a gasp, sitting up "SMG4! Smg.. wha.." he looked around once more, but this time he awoke in the same room he fell asleep in. "oh.. Just a Dream, right." He looked down at the ground, before he heard footsteps approaching. Meggy stood in the doorway, worry in her eyes as she tilted her head. 3 processed what she could want from him for a few seconds, before it finally hit him. "uh.. I'm fine- if that's what you want to know." He plastered a fake smile on his face "very.. well Rested." He said, but that was a complete lie. You could even say he was more tired than before he took a nap. She stared at him skeptically, not believing anything he said. His smile dropped, and 3 raised his eyebrow "what?? What do you want now? God how I wish you could speak, I could actually know what you wanted.." he muttered, and Meggy just stared at him with a stern look. He sighed "fine! I may have had a bad dream, it's nothing much! Are you happy now?" He grumbled, and Meggy's stare softened as she walked over to him.

She stuck her hand out to help SMG3 off the floor, and 3 took it reluctantly. Once he was standing, Meggy signaled him to follow, quickly turning around and making her way to the doorway. "Hm? Have you found something?" He asked, but of course he didn't get a response. Well, whatever it is that Meggy wanted to show him it couldn't be worse than anything he had already seen in here. He picked up his wooden spear and quickly walked after her. Meggy led him back to the corridor which split into three ways, but she didn't walk down any of them, and instead walked up to a wall. "what the hell are you do–" 3's eyes widened in surprise as she pulled the wall open to reveal some sort of fourth corridor. Meggy turned around and smiled. "First of all- ew. Second, how did you even find out about this??" SMG3 walked up to the entrance, looking inside, but he couldn't see the end just like all of the other ways. "this is.. really creepy.." he shuddered, the air coming from the corridor somehow being like ten degrees colder. "..is it really that good of an idea to go in there? It must've been sealed up for a reason–" Meggy shushed him, and 3's expression changed to annoyance "I hate you. If I die in there im gonna blame you." He stuck his tongue out, and Meggy returned the mocking gesture. He looked away from Meggy down the creepy entrance once more, and it honestly scared the crap out of him. "uh.. ladies first?" He chuckled nervously, and Meggy just stared at him, raising her eyebrow before pushing him inside. "really?" He looked back at Meggy, but she just waved him ahead. "Why do i the non-possessed one out of us two have to go first?" He said dramatically, but Meggy just hit him in the arm as a response. "ow! Alright fine! Geez." 3 huffed, but he slowly walked ahead, with Meggy following close behind. He tightly gripped his spear in his hand, ready to stab anything that jumped out at him.

The two walked in silence for a while, but it seemed to be a never-ending corridor that the two had decided to venture into. SMG3 looked down at his spear, as he sighed "Oi, Squid. you know that bad dream I said I had?" His eyes drifted over to Meggy, who nodded in response. "well.. I kinda saw 4 in it. He had the same pink stuff on him that you have." He said reluctantly, and by meggy's expression change he could tell she was surprised. "yeah.. and he told me to stop trying to save him. That it was too late. Can you believe that?" He shook his head "our 4 would never give up that easily." He muttered under his breath, and Meggy looked down at the ground, her expression one of worry. The silence between them was awkward for the rest of the walk, but soon they had reached a big opening which looked like it had once been part of the castle. "which.. part of the castle are we in exactly?" 3 questioned, but Meggy just shrugged. "..I don't remember this at all, my memory's still a bit fuzzy." He put a hand to his forehead, trying to remember anything, but the only thing that he could recall was 4's face. when 3 was being dragged away he had made eye contact with him shortly, but he could not forget the look in his eye. a look of pure despair. something he had never seen out of 4, the usually hopeful SMG who liked Memes.. and cherished his friends over anything else in the entire world.

"This place gives me the creeps.." He backed up a little, but he accidentally stepped on something that made a loud cracking noise. 3 quickly lifted his foot and took a step in the other direction, and then looked down at what he had stepped on. It was a now broken frame with a faintly noticeable picture inside, a picture of SMG4 and his friends, Meggy, Mario and him. He carefully picked it up off the floor, rubbing the red liquid off so he could take a better look. He smiled when he remembered when they had took the picture, and he had been salty for HOURS after because they didn't even ask him if he wanted to be in it. He chuckled a little at the memory, but his frown quickly returned as he remembered the situation they were currently in. It was hard to smile when all of your friends are possessed or braindead. He felt a hand on his shoulder, and as he looked to his left he saw Meggy was looking down at the picture, over his shoulder. "you remember this?" He held up the picture so she could see it better, but.. Meggy just tilted her head. "you.. don't? Hm.." SMG3 mumbled. He thought a part of Meggy was still in there, but if there was she didn't remember a lot. 3 had zoned out while he thought, so he didn't even notice Meggy taking the picture frame from his hands. She just stared down at it, seemingly frustrated at herself for not remembering. No matter how much she tried, she couldn't get her mind to work in the way she wanted to. She couldn't make out the faces of her friends. She knew who SMG3 was, and she knew the names of her friends, but anything else completely slipped her mind. She didn't even remember clearly who she herself was.

She shook her head as she pushed the picture frame back into 3's hands, a surprised look on his face "hey? You okay there?" He asked and waved a hand infront of meggy's face, but he didn't get a response anymore as Meggy just stood still and breathed heavily. "Helloooo? Earth to Meggy, you there?" He raised his eyebrow and just stared at her, poking her arms a few times; which he would usually get hit for, but instead, absolutely nothing. "You completely gone now?" SMG3 squinted as he looked into meggy's eyes, but they were just like before.

..
..
"I.. guess I'll wait?" 3 got himself a piece of wood off the wall, sitting down on it so he didn't have to sit on the disgusting wet floor. He pulled his knees to his chest, his back turned to Meggy. "..please come back." He muttered, fiddling with the spear in his hands as he waited for his friend to "gain consciousness" again.

——————————————-

HELLOOOO DEAR READERS, AUTHOR HERE <3

I see that people really seem to kind of like this story, so I'll make sure to try and update it every week. ALSOO if you are wondering what exactly just happened to Meggy,, that'll be the focus of the next chapter :3

Until next time!!