7. Vacation

Having Minho appear in the VR experience last night gives me hope that I will get another member tonight. The fact that theyy are not repeating but changing makes me excited and I wonder who will it be next.

I'm starting to really enjoy this VR thing, especially since there's nothing else to do around my apartment, and the gloomy cold weather outside just makes it perfect for me to stay in.

Tonight will be my fifth time entering the VR world, being the significant other of one of the members of Stray Kids. My delusion is at its peak, but I don't care - this virtual reality is my perfect escape from the present and this shitty world I live in.

So far, I experienced moments with Bang Chan (twice), Seungmin (where I met Changbin as well), and Minho. I won't mind if any of them appeared again, but I can't help but be greedy and want a member who didn't star in my VR fantasy yet. But, whoever decides to come forth, I'll still end up happy and sleep well tonight.

Scrolling online, I see a news article with my Dad on the front page. I tap it open and briefly read it, getting info on the VR's release date.

"January 10th..." I mumble.

I look up at the wall calendar - my classes will begin on that same date. In fact, most college kids will return to school then, so why will he release the app and open up sales on that day?

If students buy it and start using it soon, they will either get distracted by it or get motivated and happier to live their lives. But in my mind, I think that it would rather be the former than the latter.

If students get distracted by VR, their grades will significantly drop because everyone would rather spend their time in peaceful virtual reality, feeling love and happiness that they don't get in real life. Not to mention that many will go into debt when trying to purchase the expensive premium membership.

My head starts hurting again with all these thoughts and questions, and I close the news article, going to make myself something for lunch.

My headache eases when I start thinking about SKZ boys and replaying my VR experiences with them. I happily giggle upon remembering Chan's neck kisses, our restaurant date (making me crave lamb chops), Seungmin's body warmth on the cold windy day, and Minho's reassuring smile and his fingers interlocking with mine.

After lunch, I take a quick nap, waking up when it was already night.

The rest of the night, until midnight, went casually - I watched a romantic comedy, ate snacks, then showered and got ready for bed, aka my VR daily free pass.

I refresh the home page continuously, but when the clock strikes midnight and it is already January 5th, I giggle and put on the needed gadgets.

But then my phone rings, and the app closes.

A breath gets caught up in my throat at the sight of the caller ID. I gulp and swipe up the answer button.

"Hi dad," I try to sound casual and unbothered, yet unease keeps swirling in the pit of my stomach.

"Hello, dear. How are you?" he asks with a smile, his tone excited.

"Umm... I'm good."

My father laughs. "Getting ready for another scenario, huh?"

I laugh along, but my chuckle comes out awkward with a sprinkle of fright.

"Yeah... You probably saw my daily interactions, huh?"

"I did. You are very active on the app. Which is the exact reason for my call."

I gulp. "Okay..."

"I can give you the premium membership now... since you're my daughter, and you helped me a lot in developing the app."