Dinner with the Parents

Jake rings the doorbell to Noah's houses smiling. Noah opens the door and stands in a suit, holding a bouquet. Jake giggles as he sess Noah.

"You look like you're going to ask out someone for prom. Are you sure you want to go in this?" Jake asks, kissing Noah.

"I'm sure. I want to impress your parents. I got the bouquet at work. I picked them myself. Um. Are you ready to go?" asks Noah as they both go outside Noah's house.

"Yeah. Come on." Jake says as Noah locks the front door. They both walk over to Jake's car and get in, before giggling and kissing.

A few minutes later, the doorbell to Jake's house rings. As the door opens Jake's smile drips to a frown. It was Henry. Jake's older brother.
"Oh. Um. Hi. I'm guessing... you're Jake's older brother?" Noah asks.
Henry grits his teeth as he sees Jake holding hands with Noah.
"Yeah. Come in." he says in a stern voice.

The two walk inside and see Jake's parents.
"Hi mum. Hi dad." says Jack, hugging them.
"Hello. It's nice to meet you. This is for you." Noah says as he hands Jake's mum the bouquet. She smiles, before hugging Noah. His dad hugs Noah and they all sit down at the dining table.

"So... this is your boyfriend you told us about?" asks Jake's mum. "Um. Yes. Guys, meet Noah. Noah, meet my mum and dad.... and my brother." Introduces Jake.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all." Noah says, smiling.

"Um. I forgot to tell you this... but my brother is... homophobic. If he says anything to you, don't take it to heart." Jake whispers.

Noah nods, understanding.

As they started to eat, Henry eyes Noah viciously.

"So how did you meet?" asks Henry.

"Why do you care?" asks Jake.

"Don't be rude, Jake. Just tell him." says Jake's mum.

Jake sighs. "We work right next to each other. We also both have our breaks at the same time."

"Oh okay. So, Noah? Did Jake make you gay?" asks Henry, smiling.

"Shut up Henry!" Screams Jake as he squeezes Noah's hand.

"Boys, don't scream. Henry, don't be mean." says their dad.

"What? I just want to know. So, what's it like dating another boy? Is it boring? Do you regret it? Are you doing it for money?" Henry asks, making Jake stand up in anger.

"You know what, Henry? Atleast I have someone who loves me back, unlike you. Atleast I have a partner. I'll date a boy if I want to and if that's so illegal, then arrest me! You homophobic prick." Jake screams. The room was silent and Henry was stunned from Jake's words. But he didn't know what to say back. Noah stands up and holds Jake's hand, before kissing him on the lips infront of everyone.
"I love you, Noah." says Jake, smiling.
"I love you too, Jake." says Noah. They push their chairs out of the way and walk to the front door. Jake's parents chase after the couple as Henry stays seated at the table, feeling a lump in his throat. The two say goodbye to Jake's parents and drive home, smiling.