Part 1

Published (13 April 2024)

Edit (????)

A meeting was just called at Hogwarts for all Gryffindor students. All Gryffindor students gathered for this announcement at lunchtime, before the common meal, in the common room in Gryffindor Tower. It was no secret to the students what it was about. For days until shortly before the meeting, the rumor spread that the new Gryffindor prefect had been chosen and that the results of his election should now be published. The elections had also been a long-term topic that many of the older and newer students were looking forward to taking part in, as these new elections only take place every 4 years. James Sirius Potter was the only one of his cousins and siblings to have seen one so far and now the rest of his family will too. He was very excited about the meeting because his goal was to stand for election. Some of his cousins were even now assigned to the Hufflepuff house.

James was looking, or at least planned to, for his younger brother Albus so that he could tell him his new message later. He basically had some time before they had to be at the meeting point and as long as they didn't forget the password everything was fine. Halfway through he stopped himself when he spotted Rose, his sometimes annoying cousin. Normally she always knows best about Albus because they were in the same year and it was somehow tradition for Gryffindors and Slytherin to take courses together, even though everyone knows that it's not a smart idea. So he immediately asked her if she saw him.

Rose was sitting on a foundation reading a history book. But since James didn't care if anyone did something, he disturbed her without concern and spoke to her. "Hey Rose. Do you happen to know where Albus is? We have a meeting coming up and afterwards I wanted to tell him about it if it went well, but I'm very sure about it." Rose hesitantly put her book down. Sighed deeply and looked at his cousin "Albus is definitely with Scorpius. It's lunchtime and I doubt that Albus will use the time to study. So if you don't see him on the premises he will definitely be doing some nonsense somewhere in the Slytherin building. Think "Both of them still don't have their wands back, so it's not that hard to guess what and where they are."

And that was true.

It had been at the end of the 4th year, almost 3 months earlier, when the time travel fiasco had occurred. Luckily everything turned out normally and the time with its events was not changed, but Albus and Scorpius suffer some consequences. She, Scorpius and Albus had to explain to headmaster McGonagall, a few other professors, wizards and, although they were part of the adventure, their parents what was connected to Delphi and time travel. The punishment wasn't too big. The only reason was that Albus and Scorpius had tried to change time and thus put everything in danger, but it seemed that everything was aimed at by Delphi, Voldemort's daughter, and the damage that had been done was undone When Delphi was locked up, they had averted a danger and so there was no longer any great damage or judgment. In the end there was only a simple punishment of 1 month of house arrest, which they had to carry out without a wand. Since this was the time when there was winter vacation, they made an agreement that part of the punishment could be done at home with the Potters-Malfoy, but only with strict parental supervision. They would then have to take the remaining 2 weeks at Hogwarts at the beginning of the 5th year. The wands were safely stored in the headmaster office during this time. If they went to class at the time, they would be excused from magic class, but anything magical would have to be caught up. They had just completed the introductory week so the two boys only had a week left to complete their punishment. What's good is that the Quidditch games will be played again the following week so that we can score points in the house cup match. Rose and James knew that Albus and Scorpius often met during the holidays, whether they met at Malfoy Manor or Potter Manor, but they sometimes talked about Quidditch and its participation, Scorpius in particular was enthusiastic about it.