Part 37

He holds her forcefully against the wall, his grip firm but controlled, his eyes burning with a mix of anger and hurt. Every muscle in his body is tense, every fiber of his being consumed by the storm of emotions raging within him.

"Start the damn recording," she slurs in a drunken stupor, but he doesn't comply immediately. Instead, he holds her captive in his embrace, his chest heaving with each ragged breath. The room feels smaller, suffocating, as if the weight of their shared history is pressing down on them both.

"You think you can just walk away from this?" he seethes, his voice low and dangerous. "You think you can pretend like none of this ever happened? Well, you're wrong. Dead wrong."

His words hang heavy in the air, a palpable force that seems to suffocate the room. "This voice, it's yours, isn't it? You remember every word, every touch, every moment. Don't you dare deny it now. Don't you dare."

His anger flares, fueled by the betrayal he feels deep in his core. "I thought maybe, just maybe, there was a chance for us. I thought maybe, despite everything, we could find our way back to each other. But you," he sneers, his voice dripping with venom, "you shattered that hope into a million pieces."

His fingers dig into her arms, leaving angry red marks in their wake. "And who else did you hurt with your lies? Who else did you deceive? Tell me!" he demands, his voice echoing off the walls, each word a hammer blow against her conscience.

But beneath the rage, there's something else, something raw and vulnerable. His chest tightens with the weight of his emotions, threatening to crush him from the inside out. "Nothing should be alright. Nothing! In fact, Shubman here," he gestures to himself with a bitter laugh, "he's nothing but a fool. A fool who believed in something that was never real."

His fury reaches a breaking point, and he starts to lash out, his fists pounding against the walls with a relentless fury. Sara reaches out, trying to calm him, her touch gentle against his trembling hands.

"Shubman, please," she pleads, her voice shaking with fear. "Stop this. You're only hurting yourself."

But he doesn't listen, his rage consuming him completely. "I want to hate myself for ever loving you," he admits, his voice barely more than a whisper now. "But I can't. No matter how hard I try, I can't."

And with that, he collapses to the ground, his anger spent, his heart shattered into a million pieces. "Your apologies mean nothing to me," he whispers hoarsely, his voice filled with pain. "You've destroyed everything we had. And I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive you."

Sara's eyes well up with tears as she watches him crumble before her. "I'm sorry, Shubman," she says softly, her voice choked with emotion. "I never meant to hurt you."

But Shubman just shakes his head, his eyes empty and hollow. "Your sorry won't change anything," he says bitterly. "Not now, not ever." And in that moment, the chasm between them feels wider than ever before, an unbridgeable divide carved out of the wreckage of their shattered dreams.

Sara's heart shattered as Shubman's words pierced through her like shards of glass. She recoiled slightly, her eyes widening in shock and disbelief at his sudden outburst.

"Sara: Shubman, please... I didn't mean to hurt you. I never wanted any of this to happen."

But he was unyielding, his pain turning into anger before her eyes.

Shubman: Do you think a few apologies will make everything right? Do you think you can just ask for forgiveness and everything will magically be okay? If that's what you believe, then you're gravely mistaken. Nothing can undo the damage you've caused. (He stood up, his voice trembling with emotion.) You wanted me to start hating you, to leave you... well, congratulations, you've succeeded. But know this, it's not just hate that I feel now, it's a deep-seated resentment. I wanted to distance myself from you, but leaving you behind... that's a whole different story.