22

Would be great if you guys could comment and vote for all the chapters as it encourages me to update faster! Feel free to voice your opinions and thoughts as constructive criticism is appreciated here:) Happy reading!
Thank youuu<3
🥹🫶🏼
.
.
.
.

"Maa," Prem called out for his mom while standing at the bill counter in the dhaba.

"Kya hein," his mom came and stood beside him and ate some fennel seeds that were on the counter.

"Mera card aapke ke paas hein kya?" He asked his mother as Meera was nowhere to be seen.

"Yes, Meera went to the restroom and gave it to me while leaving," she handed over the card to him and leaned on the counter.

"So, do you have any updates on my second son's marriage," though she tried to take the situation lightly, everyone knew she was deeply saddened by their news.

"Haa, I know that they're going to give each other some time. Baaki dekhna padega," his answer gave some relief to the tensed woman and she made her way into the car still overthinking. 

Everyone had a full meal at the dhaba and rested for a while before starting their journey again.

They had travelled about two hundred kilometres before deciding to stop for lunch.

"Chalo, we still have half way to go." Their father announced while settling in his car.

All of them got into their respective vehicles and resumed their ride.

~~~~~

While Abhi and Leher were sitting in the same car before, now Leher was forced to sit in the passenger seat by her mother-in-law.

Leher felt awkward but Abhi saw it as a chance to get closer to his wife.

"Abhi-"
"Leher-"

They said at the same time.

"You continue," Abhi patiently waited for her to resume what she was saying.

"I was thinking, maybe I could drive half the way. You need some rest badly."

"Nahi, you take some rest. I'll wake you up if I feel tired, hmm?" He told her as calm as possible.

Leher just nodded her head and turned back to tell her in-laws to sleep for some time but they were already in their dream land.

She chuckled to herself and took her phone to click their picture.

Maa was leaning on her husband's shoulder with her hand wrapped around his and her leg over his leg.

Curious about what Leher was doing, Abhi turned back too.

He was awestruck at the sight of his parents still being freshly in love.

He turned back to his intial position and smiled.

"They look cute, don't they?" Abhi said catching Leher's attention.

"Yeah, they do" a soft smile made its way to Leher's lips.

She turned around and kept her phone back her purse and looked outside.

I wish I was a tree. She thought to herself, thinking how peaceful being a tree would be.

Lekin mein single marjathi. The stupid thought saddened her.

Koi nahi, mein Abhi ko mere saath ped banaungi. She smiled to herself at that thought and gave her 'treeself' comfort.

Abhi had called her three times till now but she was too busy imagining her life as a tree.